• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

That's a lotta money for SGA

Lakers having no problems getting names for the min. Bazemore, Ellington, Dawight, Ariza

Names? Yes.
Actual productive basketball players who will win a championship? Not sure.

Names? Yes.
Actual productive basketball players who will win a championship? Not sure.

Which would you rather have:

Doug McDermott $42 million 38.8% from 3 last year
Wayne Ellington $2 million 42.2% from 3 last year
Kent Bazemore $2 million 40.8% from 3 last year

I’d rather have three elite players that people are willing to take less to play with.

about as good as you can ask for the lakers at the min, but they really need to land a starting calmer guy with their MLE (which i don’t doubt they will)

Gay to the Jazz

is Utah poised to lose anybody of note? they could be scary good

the utah and atlanta rosters are so stacked at the 2 deeps

wow dubs get otto porter for the minimum.

jj signs w/ the nets

Sixers got Drummond on a 1 year deal, hope he and Embiid can get along.

Zach Collins broke his surgically repaired foot. Will he play at all?

I kind of like McDermott, always have.

Hawks sign Dieng, also always kind of liked him, to backup Capela, until my man Okungwu is back (I sort of ragged on him I guess). Hawks do look good now, no question.

Dieng is a great signing for the Hawks. He’s such a switch up from Capela and Okungwu. He could play with both of them too.

Not sure I agree with letting both Graham and Monk go. Recognizing we got a 1st round pick for Graham, his contract is reasonable for a backup PG. Maybe he was hell bent on being a starter. But after that I would have worked hard to resign Monk despite his flaws. Maybe Lebron rubs off on him the right way, otherwise Westbrook and the LA party scene will have him out of the league by this time next year.

I can see what Kupchak is doing … after next season Gordon is the only longterm contract, so plenty of money to earmark to max LaMelo and Bridges, and play Rozier by ear while seeing if LaMelo can attract a bigtime FA after next season when many come available. But it does put some pressure on Bouknight and Kai Jones to contribute some this season, which I would have preferred to push out to the following year.

Back