• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

It’s annoying that the espn tracker has to mention woj any time anything is reported
They mention whoever breaks the news. Sometimes it's Chams who doesn't even work for them.

They were trying to get the Porzingis deal done by midnight because he could decline his player option by then. So we should see something soon. Meanwhile...

Marcus Smart to the Grizzles for #25 and a 2024 1st.

Seems like the Celts are going to give Brown $50 mil a year and they had to trade one of brogdon or smart to not eat it salary wise

Smart is annoying on the floor but seems like a decent dude otherwise and hopefully can help Ja get it together

gotta figure Tyus Jones is on the move

I guess they don't trust Tyus Jones as a starter with Ja out.

So it's a three way deal. This can't be right. The Celtics are getting two 1sts for Smart and the Wizards are getting the #35 pick from the Celtics? The Wizards are having a fire sale.
The Washington Wizards are completing a three-way deal with the Boston Celtics and Memphis Grizzlies that will send Marcus Smart to the Grizzlies, Kristaps Porzingis to the Celtics and Tyus Jones to the Wizards, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Wednesday night.

The Wizards are also acquiring Danilo Gallinari and Mike Muscala in the deal too, sources told Wojnarowski.

The Grizzlies are sending the No. 25 pick in Thursday night's NBA draft and a 2024 first-round pick via the Golden State Warriors to the Celtics, sources told Wojnarowski.

The Celtics are sending the 35th pick on Thursday to the Wizards in the deal, sources told Wojnarowski.

Porzingis is opting into his $36 million player option for the 2023-2024 season, Wojnarowski reports.

How do the Celtics win every single trade ever, stop doing trades with them you goons

Oh well I’m celebrating getting Smart out of the East

Seems like the Celts are going to give Brown $50 mil a year and they had to trade one of brogdon or smart to not eat it salary wise
How does swapping Smart for Porzingod help them with that? Porzingus just opted into a 35 mill extension

How do the Celtics win every single trade ever, stop doing trades with them you goons

Oh well I’m celebrating getting Smart out of the East
Yeah, i’m really not understanding how they flipped Marcus Smart with term at 17mil for Kristaps at 35mil + two 1st round picks and every prognosticator is saying it’s because the Cs need money. They aren’t going to re-sign Porzingus?

I don’t like the Celtics, but Smart’s departure has made them at least 16% more watchable. When he was told the news he probably collapsed to the ground in shock and it was his first legitimate flop in years.

This is shaping up to be one the worst sports days of my life. We're about to get Skened while not swinging the bat, at the same time the Hornets are passing on Scoot to take Brandon Miller.

I get that they're rebuilding, and that makes sense. But they got nothing for Beal and not much for Porzingis and did not get a 2nd 1st rounder in this draft. That roster minus Paul and plus a Whitmore or Black won't win 20 games.

I get that they're rebuilding, and that makes sense. But they got nothing for Beal and not much for Porzingis and did not get a 2nd 1st rounder in this draft. That roster minus Paul and plus a Whitmore or Black won't win 20 games.

That roster won’t win more than 35 games with a top pick next year either.

Back