• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Nikola Jokic wins 3rd MVP

First time seeing the Magic play this year (thanks Bally’s). I REALLY like Franz Wagner’s game. I liked watching him at Michigan. I see the highlights and have him on my fantasy team. But over a whole game, wow. He’s a fantastic modern big wing.

Sixers pulled out an ugly one in Houston without Embiid again. Maxey had 42 and Marcus Morris had a four point play down the stretch, a block and big board to seal it.

It was my first time seeing the Rockets this season. Sengun is awesome. Dude drops absolute dimes.

Hate Udoka, shitty dude, but they could be a fun team to root for.

I can say I saw Barrett and Quickley's last game as Knicks.

Probably because he's a gettable good SF in a league that highly values SFs. But I wouldn't have traded Barrett and Quickley for him.

My Knicks fan friend talked last night at the game about how the Knicks didn't need to make any big moves this season.

Knicks got fleeced.

Edit: You have to think the Knicks have another move lined up as well, otherwise this is headscratching.

Knicks got fleeced.

Edit: You have to think the Knicks have another move lined up as well, otherwise this is headscratching.

They got Precious, too. I think both guys will be great in Thibsball

Great trade for the Raptors, too

never thought much of OG

he seems kinda passive or something
Much of the hype around OG was in anticipation of a leap that should have happened by now. OG is 26. I don't like trading a 23-year-old who isn't THAT far behind OG along with high upside PG.

I feel like Barrett will break out, but OG might not.

Overall I like the trade. IQ deserves to start somewhere and he was gone after this season anyway. We weren't going to pay him what he's worth to sit on the bench behind Brunson. I like RJ, but he's a really inefficient player. Bad defense and wildly inconsistent on offense. He's been steadily improving, at least offensively, and I still think he can break out, but both OG and Precious fit Thibs' style better.

never thought much of OG

he seems kinda passive or something
well in reading the trade discussion he was rated like the 2nd best wing defender behind Mikal Bridges, and RJ Barrett makes $30 mil a year to shoot 44/32%, so seems like a good trade to me for the Knicks

anunoby is pretty much exactly what teams are looking for (versatile defense, can shoot and play connectely on offense) and barrett is pretty much what teams don’t want (one-dimensional scorer who isn’t efficient enough to justify taking the ball out of better players hands).

i guess the raptors are kinda desperate and see barrett as a lotto ticket, but imo his ceiling is being a big time scorer on a bad team with a bad offense.

Last edited:
Guess we’ll see if OG can keep his marginally higher TS% and 3P% and such on the 5+ more attempts per game that Barrett was taking, assuming that’s what will be asked of him. Probably can, plus he’s obv a better defender.

Guess we’ll see if OG can keep his marginally higher TS% and 3P% and such on the 5+ more attempts per game that Barrett was taking, assuming that’s what will be asked of him. Probably can, plus he’s obv a better defender.

i think you don’t even need that, just give the ball to brunson more and that will almost definitely end up with better offense than what you were getting with barrett.

they might actually miss quickly some, but they can probably just shift more of the offense towards randle.

anunoby is pretty much exactly what teams are looking for (versatile defense, can shoot and play connectely on offense) and barrett is pretty much what teams don’t want (one-dimensional scorer who isn’t efficient enough to justify taking the ball out of better players hands).

i guess the raptors are kinda desperate and see barrett as a lotto ticket, but imo his ceiling is being a big time scorer on a bad team with a bad offense.

Quickley was the prize in this deal. The Raptors get a legit PG and Barnes can be a full time wing.

Quickley/Barrett/Barnes/Siakim/Poeltl should be a solid lineup without much positional overlap.

Back