• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Nikola Jokic wins 3rd MVP

Haliburton with 22 pts, 23 asts.

Quickley was the prize in this deal. The Raptors get a legit PG and Barnes can be a full time wing.

Quickley/Barrett/Barnes/Siakim/Poeltl should be a solid lineup without much positional overlap.

i disagree, i think that lineup stinks unless barrett turns into a totally different player.

quickley is a role player not someone you can hand the offense to. they’ve been trying with barnes and siakam, i think they probably realize those guys are more supporting pieces.

those guys do look like a good support system just missing that one lead guy though, i suppose barrett has non-zero chance of doing it which justifies the thought behind the trade. he just has shown zero evidence of having the playnaking / passing ability to do so.

Last edited:
I’ll admit I forgot about Schoeder when I posted that. He had 30 and 9 ast tonight.

I forgot Barrett is from Toronto. He’s easily the best Canadian player to ever play for the Raptors.

The Knicks beat the T-Wolves. They need to develop a bench now. Only Grimes and Hart played real minutes.

I was excited to see CP play with Curry but when they play together the offense is only slightly better and the defense is really bad

Sucks for CP because he is having a decent year but his team is sucking. Mainly, Draymond melted down mentally, and Klay is cooked.

Maybe Josh Giddey gets arrested for being a pedo and CP helps lead OKC to a title.

Carlos Boozer was the last Jazz player with a triple-double. There have only been 25 triple-doubles in Jazz history. Pistol Pete had the most with 7. Mark Eaton is second with 6 (all pts, reb, blks). Interestingly, Rudy Gobert has never had more than 9 blocks in a game.

Fun start with to Spurs-Grizzlies with Ja going at Wemby.

Crazy that guys are putting up Wilt like numbers.

wilt-like, kinda, as in wilt would 40/10 on a slow night in his prime

he averaged 50/25 for a season!

30/23 for a career!

always weird to me he's barely mentioned in the GOAT discussion

wilt-like, kinda, as in wilt would 40/10 on a slow night in his prime

he averaged 50/25 for a season!

30/23 for a career!

always weird to me he's barely mentioned in the GOAT discussion

this vid is one of my favorites and talks about talked about that:

hightly rcommend all of this guys stuff on youtube if you haven’t already seen them

Last edited:
I think everyone recognizes that, as great as Wilt was, he also mostly played against a bunch of scrubs. Spending years repeatedly dunking on guys who looked like they just put down their guitars for the Beach Boys only goes so far in the pantheon of greatness. It's kind of like does anyone really think the great NFL players from yesteryear could compete with today's players? Would Johnny Unitas even start in today's game or would he be Stetson Bennett? Even Babe Ruth, could he be what he was now?

The Hornets finally won last night to stop their 11-game, injury-plagued skid. Not surprisingly, it was the first in the last 12 games where we didn't get openly fucked by the refs.

Now Brandon Miller is out - of course officially listed as a contusion then Clifford in the postgame said he was sick. Makes sense. Mark Williams has been out for like a month with a "lower back contusion". Isn't that a bruise? What kind of bruise sidelines a 22 year old for a month? Was he beaten with a lead pipe? There was no obvious play in any game I saw where he was steamrolled with that amount of force, yet they just shelve him for what is clearly a bullshit injury or he is on the Greg Oden plan and they won't admit it.

Rozier outdueled DeAaron Fox down the stretch to pull out the win. This season is already in the shitter, time to trade Rozier while his value is probably at its highest.

Wilt had ridiculous stats and was a ridiculous athlete. But he didn't play against great competition most nights and only had 2 rings.

2&2, you’re a world historical donk

Watch a Wilt highlight reel. Dude was doing a helluva lot more than just dunking

Wilt had ridiculous stats and was a ridiculous athlete. But he didn't play against great competition most nights and only had 2 rings.
ERA bias in reverse, modern day Wilt probably learns to shoot from deep and forces a trade to a super team to get multiple rings.

ERA bias in reverse, modern day Wilt probably learns to shoot from deep and forces a trade to a super team to get multiple rings.
Sure. Most great bigs of the past would add a 3-pointer in the modern era. Wilt did force a trade to a super team. The Lakers had Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. He only got one championship though.

Back