• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Basketball Game Thread: Mercer

Honestly this game was perfect for a Wake fan. We played absolutely god-awful and still won.

Get the joy of victory today and still the beneficial long-term effects.

How many games have we all seen in the last 3 years that made you say "This is the worst game i've seen in years" Bzz managed to top a 30 point loss to Iona the very next game.

I think Gottlieb must have deleted that tweet about Wellman, but he is on a roll about us right now:

Of course“@GottliebShow Team ranked No. 1 in the country? Makes NCAA tournament? Fire coach. #WellmanLogic”

4m Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow
Wake is still bad-they were terrific like 4yrs ago“@BoomRoastedInc: @GottliebShow The Mercer jinx...”

Terrible defense! Mercer kept running the same plays over and over, and we did not defend them until the end.

CJ finally asserted himself. Travis played hard the entire game. The freshmen played like freshmen. Really like Madison; but his ft shooting is worse than horrible. He and Thomas must be taught how to shoot fts.

But, nothing can change the fact that we played ridiculously bad defense...offense too in the first half, not quite so bad in the 2nd.

Regarding the fouls, Mercer earned the disparity. They could not match our athleticism and fouled a lot. Not sure about their last 3 attempt.

score? this is the official Basketball game thread: Mercer, but still no final score wtf?

Oh yes... I've stayed at that Mariott and pictures don't do it justice. Unbelieveably nice digs.

Terrible defense! Mercer kept running the same plays over and over, and we did not defend them until the end.

CJ finally asserted himself. Travis played hard the entire game. The freshmen played like freshmen. Really like Madison; but his ft shooting is worse than horrible. He and Thomas must be taught how to shoot fts.

But, nothing can change the fact that we played ridiculously bad defense...offense too in the first half, not quite so bad in the 2nd.

Regarding the fouls, Mercer earned the disparity. They could not match our athleticism and fouled a lot. Not sure about their last 3 attempt.

Agree with most of this. A lot of the fouls I saw were legitimate. That last travel probably shouldn't have been called.

This doesn't really excuse the free throw misses but I think Madison injured his ankle earlier in the game. He looked ok on the reverse layup at the end of the game though...

are you for real? Mercer got screwed. You would totally be calling bullshit if that free throw disparity was against us. So many of those fouls were ticky tack. Outside of the Seahawks win against the Packers, I don't think i've ever seen a winning team deserve it less.

Could not match our athleticism-is not a phase I will expect to hear much this season since we are a step slow,except Madison.

You knew I was joking and still felt the need to defend your statistician Lord and Savior.

Makes me smile a bit.

It'd be like if we took Travis off the team. It should actually make Bzzouters feel better. Mercer without him is just terrible and we won by 3. Mercer with him would have beaten us handily.

I think Gottlieb must have deleted that tweet about Wellman, but he is on a roll about us right now:

Of course“@GottliebShow Team ranked No. 1 in the country? Makes NCAA tournament? Fire coach. #WellmanLogic”

4m Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow
Wake is still bad-they were terrific like 4yrs ago“@BoomRoastedInc: @GottliebShow The Mercer jinx...”
ncb_a_gaudio_300.jpg

Back