• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Flacco at 9 was insane. He completed 58% of his passes, had 3600 passing yards, and had a 20/12 td/int ratio and almost no rushing stats.

Cam at 15 was a 60% passing, 4100 yards, 21/17 td int ratio BUT also had 700+ rushing yards and 14 rushing TDs. Cam is 15 if you completely ignore his rushing prowess imo.

Wow. Newton is extremely over-rated by the Panties fans on this board.

What did I say that elicited a "wow"? That Newton is around 15 if you just ignored his rushing ability? If only there was a metric that only measured passing, it could be called a passer rating... oh wait.

2jettnl.jpg

I don't blame him. Matt Ryan has a been a good QB for four years now and has finished with a winning record each season.

Wow. Newton is extremely over-rated by the Panties fans on this board.

This guy must be a falcons fan that is butthurt over what Cam and the panthers will do to them over the next ten years.

The stat that I think is more important than anything is #7 in yards per game and #5 points per game! Up from #32 (both) the season before Cam. Sure a lot of it has to do with the new OC, but you can't do those things with Jimmy Clausen no matter who your OC is.

The stat that I think is more important than anything is #7 in yards per game and #5 points per game! Up from #32 (both) the season before Cam. Sure a lot of it has to do with the new OC, but you can't do those things with Jimmy Clausen no matter who your OC is.

Well put. It is almost impossible to go from worst to first in a league as competitive as the NFL and the Panthers have done this offensively in both categories. Credit must go to the coaches, but for a first year quarterback to be even partly responsible for such a turnaround? That is extremely impressive and worthy of a top-ten spot for qbs in my book.

The Cats are the 23rd most valuable sports team according to Forbes - the most valuable team in the NFC South

The Cats are the 23rd most valuable sports team according to Forbes - the most valuable team in the NFC South

That's all because of Cam's marketability, right? I wouldn't think our ticket revenue was significantly better than ATL, probably Tampa (right now) and New Orleans though.

That's all because of Cam's marketability, right? I wouldn't think our ticket revenue was significantly better than ATL, probably Tampa (right now) and New Orleans though.

I gotta think so. There's no way we are more valuable purely based on ticket sales. NO & ATL get to the playoffs every year.

It's pretty middle of the road for NFL teams. All 32 NFL teams are in the top 50 of most valuable sports teams in the world. And the way the NFL CBA works there isn't an uber- significant difference in value from 1st to 32nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back