• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Clemson vs. Wake Game Thread - 7:49 on ABC

Very disappointing. I told myself I’d just enjoy football and I braved myself for a blowout?.But ffs... missed PI call cost us a TD. 2 missed facemasks. Not going for it last drive and then kicking a FG on 4th and 1 on the 30... I mean come on shit clawson what the fuck

That was painful to watch on so many levels. So much for going all in on this game.

Punted on 4th and 2. Kicked a FG on 4th and 1. We've got no chance to win this game, so why give up?

This isn't a field position game. It's a take any opportunity you have game.

If anyone can explain why we go ultra-conservative against a team that is favored by 34 points.... well... have at it!

Well, that sucked ass! Why run if not going for it on 4th?? 44 yard FG is not easy. This is only going to get worse.

Clawson talked playing better against Clemson. That starts on the sidelines. Wake needs to take chances.

Sometimes I forget how shit Clawson is at in-game decision making

Christ dude why even suit up tonight

Another great play by Boogie there...would have loved for him to pick that shit, but great defense there.

Gutless. I hope this is part of a larger game plan and Clawson is playing 4d chess.

We are getting hosed by the refs and playing/coaching like we want a moral victory.

Sometimes I forget how shit Clawson is at in-game decision making

Christ dude why even suit up tonight

Meh. He's fine unless we're playing Clemson. Then he puckers up real tight.

Zero pressure on Lawrence. We never pressure the QB.

If anyone can explain why we go ultra-conservative against a team that is favored by 34 points.... well... have at it!

Clawson complete pansy ball tonight. Fine to start CBS, but inexcusable for Walker to not have any touches in 1q when he was our clear best RB last season with so much explosion ability! Then to go for FG on 4th and 1???

Horrible Dave. Let the kids play and try to make plays.

I’m afraid Clawson already given up. He didn’t want a shutout but the only way to stay in the game was to try to get a TD. Field goals (for Wake) won’t make any difference in this game. Clemson is unbelievably impressive and unfortunately we are not for the most part. That decision for the FG try is physiologically defeating. Hope we keep them under 60.

Back