• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Calling someone a hypocrite as an isolated out of context put down is just lazy.

The act or practice of a hypocrite; a feigning to be what one is not, or to feel what one does not feel; a dissimulation, or a concealment of one's real character, disposition, or motives; especially, the assuming of false appearance of virtue or religion; a simulation of goodness. Hypocrisy is the necessary burden of villainy. Rambler. Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue.

Better said.....

One who plays a part; especially, one who, for the purpose of winning approbation of favor, puts on a fair outside seeming; one who feigns to be other and better than he is; a false pretender to virtue or piety; one who simulates virtue or piety. The hypocrite's hope shall perish. Job viii. 13. I dare swear he is no hypocrite, but prays from his heart.

Thanks for the definition. Can you provide some examples of Democrats' hypocrisy to help me better understand the topic?

“Both sides suck” is simplistic, uneducated, and juvenile. There are things the Democrats suck at, but it is not nearly on the level of the existential shit that the Republican Party is trying to pull.

C’mon BBD; simplistic, uneducated and juvenile? Really?? You may feel strongly about your political beliefs (as I once did) but I would argue more of us in this Country feel disenfranchised as I do, than you. And granted, Pubs have done nothing but humiliate themselves supporting Dump and particularly his latest childish tantrums. But holy than thou doesn’t work for me; and while degrees may differ, the feeling that all politicians are worthless pieces of shit is legitimate and based on years of watching and listening. So you and your band of over educated merry men can call me all the adjectives you’d like.
Means nothing to me. Have at it.

C’mon BBD; simplistic, uneducated and juvenile? Really?? You may feel strongly about your political beliefs (as I once did) but I would argue more of us in this Country feel disenfranchised as I do, than you. And granted, Pubs have done nothing but humiliate themselves supporting Dump and particularly his latest childish tantrums. But holy than thou doesn’t work for me; and while degrees may differ, the feeling that all politicians are worthless pieces of shit is legitimate and based on years of watching and listening. So you and your band of over educated merry men can call me all the adjectives you’d like.

With all due respect, saying "degrees may differ" grossly underestimates what has happened over the past four years, is still happening now, and to judge from the behavior of Trump and his party in these brazen attempts to overturn the election results, is likely to continue into the future. I'm no spring chicken myself and I'm hardly idealistic about politicians but this insistence on saying all politicians are the same and that there is no real difference between the behavior of Trumpites and Democrats is increasingly not borne out by either facts or reality.

I would just like to chime in and say that both parties are terrible, and I’m not even close to being a Republican.

Old, comfortable, white guy feels Disenfranchised. How? Your party doesn't want your vote because they have become overtly shitty, racist, liars and grifters and are no longer even pretending to hide it? Disenfranchised indeed yet you can't quit them.

Old, comfortable, white guy feels Disenfranchised. How? Your party doesn't want your vote because they have become overtly shitty, racist, liars and grifters and are no longer even pretending to hide it? Disenfranchised indeed yet you can't quit them.

fucking dumbass has a comfortable retirement in aiken sc along with the rest of successful white people and is disenfranchised? holy shit.

Back