• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Yet he’s received more votes than any republican candidate in the history of our country. That’s not going to go away. All this bullshit today is the same bullshit with him since before he came down that stupid fucking escalator.

Disagree - I think today was a day that will not be forgotten. If the election was held in a month, he would get crushed. Pence has offically broken from him. Many of his closest toadies are resigning or speaking out against him. He is officially a pariah. If the bullshit today had not happened, the election count would have been a complete shit-show, with multiple objections, a lot of votes against the affirmation of Biden's electors (not enough - but a fair amount), and guys sucking up to Trump. Instead, most of the Pubs who were going to object are no longer doing so. It took 4 years, but it looks like at least a fair amount of Pubs are finally standing up to Trump. I get that the Q cult crazies will follow him down the drain, but it does look like there are a lot that are finally waking up.

They’ll all be parroting the antifa false flag bullshit as soon as he starts tweeting again in the morning. The base will eat that shit up.

That's pretty much what I think too. Just expressing a forlorn hope that maybe this will change some minds. Don't really think it will happen though. Many of those who occupied the Capitol (and likely got away with it) will probably regard that moment as a highlight of their life.

Do we think Trump realizes he made a mistake yet?

And for the record, by "crushed" - I mean maybe lose NC, FL, and OH, and any other state that was semi-close. Obviously the deep red states wouldn't change.

There's just no bottom to some of these people.

ETA: Listening to people like Lindsey Graham and Loeffler is disgusting. It was nice of Lindsey to say he'll vote to certify, but don't forget that not long ago this same guy was privately calling the GA Secretary of State to "discuss" possible vote fraud in GA, and during his reelection campaign responded to a question in a debate about the extreme division in the country and the need for compromise in Congress by saying that if the Democrats weren't crazy radicals maybe he could work with them. These people have fanned the flames of this, and now that they see there may (finally) be a political price for supporting it they're backing off. Too little, too damn late.

Last edited:
Wonder if Trump will go the bkf route and start tweeting under aliases to circumvent his ban.

Wonder if Trump will go the bkf route and start tweeting under aliases to circumvent his ban.

Speaking of bkf, I wonder if he still thinks that Trump is just a brilliant, crafty businessman and leader who is running and thinking rings around us dumb spoiled Tunnel libruls. He said as much several times before his exit from the boards in 2017. We were all just too dense and dumb to understand Trump's real genius.

And for the record, by "crushed" - I mean maybe lose NC, FL, and OH, and any other state that was semi-close. Obviously the deep red states wouldn't change.

NC, FL, and TX are the only states Trump won by less than 8%.

Gotta admit I leaned a little to the right during CNN's brief interview with Nancy Mace (R-SC). Fairly reasonable new Congresswoman.

Privileged people? What the fuck are you talking about? Looked the other way?
This is a sad day for any American who cares about his/her Country and believes there is a right way to protest and express your opinion and a thug way.
Do you disagree with that?

Yes.
Why don’t you reflect a little and see if you can figure out what I am talking about. You finally acknowledged the Republican Party isn’t what you thought it was. Let’s see if you can take some additional steps in understanding your country and yourself.
Yes.
No.

Hyde, Smith, Marshall, Kennedy, Hawley, and Cruz were the six in favor. Other 93 were against. 1 senate vacancy.

Whole lot of renewed talk from Pubs looking to reach across the aisle 24 hours after losing control of the Senate.

Disagree - I think today was a day that will not be forgotten. If the election was held in a month, he would get crushed. Pence has offically broken from him. Many of his closest toadies are resigning or speaking out against him. He is officially a pariah. If the bullshit today had not happened, the election count would have been a complete shit-show, with multiple objections, a lot of votes against the affirmation of Biden's electors (not enough - but a fair amount), and guys sucking up to Trump. Instead, most of the Pubs who were going to object are no longer doing so. It took 4 years, but it looks like at least a fair amount of Pubs are finally standing up to Trump. I get that the Q cult crazies will follow him down the drain, but it does look like there are a lot that are finally waking up.

114 Republican members of Congress just voted to overturn the results of the election in Arizona.

Back