• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Elizabeth Warren is awesome thread

I don't know enough about this one particular state's policies and outcomes, but I'm sure the talking points are all in order on your side. Go back and read those and agree with yourselves.

In North Carolina, a state I do follow, the economy has turned around considerably since regime change. If you hold Kansas against the Republicans, surely a state with more size and influence goes in their column, no?

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Perhaps I could one day live a life which would permit me the free time to study the economic policies of individual flyover states in case when day I get ambushed about them on a message board. At present, that is not my reality. Until then, I will gladly stipulate that you appear to have that kind of time. (You have 60,008 posts on this board???). I can't even get my mind wrapped around that, since this isn't even the first version of this board.

Perhaps I could one day live a life which would permit me the free time to study the economic policies of individual flyover states in case when day I get ambushed about them on a message board. At present, that is not my reality. Until then, I will gladly stipulate that you appear to have that kind of time. (You have 60,008 posts on this board???). I can't even get my mind wrapped around that, since this isn't even the first version of this board.

You have over 10,500 posts on this same message board. Stop throwing your dork rocks.

And I would think you would have been interested in what Brownback tried to do in Kansas since that would seem to be your nirvana. It is apparent that I was wrong. My deepest apologies for my incorrect assumption.

to be fair to dv7, 91.5% of his posts are some variant of "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" on the soccer thread

I do love posting "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Guilty.

New Jersey $1.7 billion shortfall
Kansas $445 million shortfall
Louisiana $1.4 billion shortfall
Wisconsin $2.2 billion shortfall
North Carolina $890 million shortfall

This is what happens when Republicans institute "pro-growth" economic agendas that slash taxes and deregulate industries. New Jersey's unemployment rate is increasing. Kansas's and Wisconsin's unemployment rates are well above the national average. How are they dealing with these shortfalls? Delay tax benefits for the poor and middle class (or even raise taxes for the bottom 80% in LA) while continuing to cut corporate rates (or eliminate them in LA), massive cuts to pubic education and public pension funds, and cuts to Medicaid and other domestic programs.

Welcome to the conservative utopia.

New Jersey $1.7 billion shortfall
Kansas $445 million shortfall
Louisiana $1.4 billion shortfall
Wisconsin $2.2 billion shortfall
North Carolina $890 million shortfall

This is what happens when Republicans institute "pro-growth" economic agendas that slash taxes and deregulate industries. New Jersey's unemployment rate is increasing. Kansas's and Wisconsin's unemployment rates are well above the national average. How are they dealing with these shortfalls? Delay tax benefits for the poor and middle class (or even raise taxes for the bottom 80% in LA) while continuing to cut corporate rates (or eliminate them in LA), massive cuts to pubic education and public pension funds, and cuts to Medicaid and other domestic programs.

Welcome to the conservative utopia.

America: 18 TRILLION dollars in the hole. El-Oh-EL with the newfound religion on fiscal responsibility.

jhmd. Yet another conservative who conflates deficit and debt.

can you point me to which of those cases are the mayors' fault and which are the governors'?

Happily. After years of study of this board and of selected readings from only those scholarly articles that confirm my biases, I believe the only answer is Dems good, Pubs bad.

Happily. After years of study of this board and of selected readings from only those scholarly articles that confirm my biases, I believe the only answer is Dems good, Pubs bad.

If you don't know the answer it is ok to say so instead of just throwing out a lame attempt at a joke.

could've just said #neverfails

But you try lame attempts at a joke either way, so you should always get ridicule.

"Ignorance is not an excuse" is advice, not a joke. I, for one, think jhmd's ignorance is no laughing matter.

"Ignorance is not an excuse" is advice, not a joke. I, for one, think jhmd's ignorance is no laughing matter.

One can find advice in many places. I prefer mine from sources that don't combine for 100,000 posts on a message board.

Damn JH you're better than this man! Step up your trolling game!

I'm guessing Elizabeth Warren, the extremist, has him frazzled.

Her message of "No you can't, the world hates you" will be tough to counter, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. We need to make certain which unlikable complainer the Dems settle on.

Back