• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Euro 2012 thread

That was some pretty soccer today. At least Italy didn't play the thug ball that Netherlands did 2 years ago. It'd be great to see Spain play Argentina or Brazil in the WC final in 2 years.

And as lousy as the studio folks were (listening to Lalas is like listening to a stupid version of Bill Walton), I love listening to Darke and McManaman call a game. Darke may be my favorite play by play announcer in sports now.

I agree. I love Darke. Also think he and Stevie Mc have a real good chemistry.

AwweeQgCAAESFk9.jpg

Ok, was at the lake all day, so just watched the game on DVR. Spain is really good. Italy didn't deserve that big of a roasting.

Doing the scores now.

I thought he behaved very well as a whole this tournament. Other than beating the ground one time what else did he do?

Just the way he left the field....teammates and coaches tried to talk to him/calm him down and he's shoving people out of the way and shit

FINAL SCOREBOARD

timdunk - 212.25
WFU03 - 212.25
wsc - 204.75
gsterp - 195
dv7 - 180
Brasky - 167.5
sd3 - 161
BTB - 160.25
vad - 142.5
Husky - 139
JW - 106.5

Once I saw that timdunk and WFU03 had the highest scores together the first thought that popped into my head for a tiebreaker was to give it to whoever had the player that scored the most points.

For timdunk that is Alvaro Arbeloa with 32 (5 clean sheets will do that for a defender...)
For WFU03 that is Jordi Alba with 43.25 points. (5 clean sheets and a goal will do that better for a defender...)

So it is either a tie or WFU03 wins.

Good playing everyone.

FINAL SCOREBOARD

timdunk - 212.25
WFU03 - 212.25
wsc - 204.75
gsterp - 195
dv7 - 180
Brasky - 167.5
sd3 - 161
BTB - 160.25
vad - 142.5
Husky - 139
JW - 106.5

Once I saw that timdunk and WFU03 had the highest scores together the first thought that popped into my head for a tiebreaker was to give it to whoever had the player that scored the most points.

For timdunk that is Alvaro Arbeloa with 32 (5 clean sheets will do that for a defender...)
For WFU03 that is Jordi Alba with 43.25 points. (5 clean sheets and a goal will do that better for a defender...)

So it is either a tie or WFU03 wins.

Good playing everyone.

I demand a recount! Surely there was an error or score change that was missed. Surely!

Congrats to Spain. They are clearly the best side in Europe right now, and probably the world. I am wondering too. How long can they keep this up?

Sorry to see Italia come so close and lose.

Maybe this is an easy answer to find or lookup, but I'll pose it here. I read today that France team got 100,000 euro bonus at the end of the tourney. Do the teams get paid to play in this tournament. Besides fame and glory, do Spain players get bonuses for winning? I'm sure it varies by country, but I was curious what sort of financial gain these players for tourneys like Euro Cup, WC, just being on the team, etc.

Yes the players get paid by their FAs to both participate and then there are also bonuses for doing well.

Yes the players get paid by their FAs to both participate and then there are also bonuses for doing well.

So the French got 100K for surrendering?

Too easy.

Hey, I have a question about the next WC. Do y'all think it's a lock that Europe gets 6 #1 seeds? Neither France nor England were impressive this past month, nor were they in the last WC (France was especially atrocious). Do y'all think Uruguay or even Mexico could slip into a seed past a declining Euro?

A tie? Isn't that why people hate soccer? ;)

Seriously, though, what do timdunk and I win? Glory, fame, and ?

So the French got 100K for surrendering?

Too easy.

Hey, I have a question about the next WC. Do y'all think it's a lock that Europe gets 6 #1 seeds? Neither France nor England were impressive this past month, nor were they in the last WC (France was especially atrocious). Do y'all think Uruguay or even Mexico could slip into a seed past a declining Euro?

Even above food and wine, surrender is what the French do best.

Back