• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Maybe Wellman timed the release of the USA Today hit piece since he knew that he finally had his guy sealed, signed and all but delivered to the starving Wake Forest masses??

Sounds suspiciously like what Marquette fans heard before they looked like buffoons.

That being said please be Shaka. Please

Difference being our information is coming from our own people instead of getting trolled by fake twitter accounts on the internet.

This was an airtight search, it could be anyone. That being said, you wouldn't think we'd agree to a deal with a second tier candidate this early while there are other coaches (Archie, etc) that are still playing.

I don't think it is Chris Mack if the deal is done this early

If money is truly not an issue and the search wrapped up this quickly one would tend to think splashy hire. But this has been incredibly, impressively locked down.

NOOOOOO! So through with the X coaching tree.

Can't say I would be excited about it but WFU has just broken my heart to many times for them to actually hit a grand slam with a coaching hire for a change.

On one hand, there's Deman's pimping of huge names during the last coaching search, followed by an epic meltdown during a chat when he heard about [Redacted]. Tough to forget that, one of the more memorable things in WF boards history.

On the other hand, SHAKA SHAKA SHAKA OH GOD PLEASE SHAKA

haha. I remember that too. I was like watching someone shit their pants George Brett style and watching it roll down into their penny loafers (again rocking it George Brett style)

Hey I hope so and it would be very Wellman to say its going to take weeks and weeks then lock him up quickly.

If money is really not an issue im dreaming big.

If out of nowhere Ron Wellman hired Gregg Marshall today would that be the complete opposite of the [Redacted] disaster? Ron would have completely atoned.

so a flight in a plane owned by a big wake booster leaves from hickory to richmond this morning, its first flight to richmond on record.... with no other flights out of WS, Greensboro, Hickory to logical coaching destinations.... and supposedly we have a signed deal with a coach hours later?

IF your reasoning is right, it probably means the coach is on his way to W-S and the plane went to get him. And I still think that is a big IF.

If it is Mack, with 4 better candidates out there (Shaka, Howland, Marshall, and Archie) I am going to punch a baby

Last edited:
I do think there's a difference between having the name wrong and knowing there was a hire. Deman did know that there was a hiring imminent, he just had the person wrong and had to walk around the neighborhood.

If Wake secretly hired Marshall I could kiss Ron on the mouth. Maybe with tongue.

This was an airtight search, it could be anyone. That being said, you wouldn't think we'd agree to a deal with a second tier candidate this early while there are other coaches (Archie, etc) that are still playing.

Agree with you. But Wellman is notoriously small time. No faith in his perception of coaching talent.

If out of nowhere Ron Wellman hired Gregg Marshall today would that be the complete opposite of the [Redacted] disaster? Ron would have completely atoned.

I've said since the Claws hire that Ron has to know this is his chance to win everyone back over. Pull the same rabbit out of your hat (or a bigger one) and I'll forget the last four years.

On one hand, there's Deman's pimping of huge names during the last coaching search, followed by an epic meltdown during a chat when he heard about [Redacted]. Tough to forget that, one of the more memorable things in WF boards history.

I still have some of that chat transcript. Amaaaazing. Still want to know what this was about:

<DemanDeac> I could tell you something about this past year while Dino was coach about
Wellman and Beetleguise which would make you see things very clearly but I won't

Back