• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Howland was known, early in his UCLA tenure, for recruiting good 3-4 year guys and molding them into pros (though not showcasing their skills). Possibly a perfect formula for a place like Wake. If he can learn from his car crash ending at UCLA, and gets back to his basics, he could be an excellent hire.

If this "done deal" stuff ends up like Marquette's "hiring" on Monday, I'm not coming back here until I see a USA Today headline. It's too stressful.

i love how much of a howland hader apetit is.

There are basically 3 possible outcomes here, 1 of which (Amaker) would start a damn riot here.

Good points, I'm convinced. If Howland turns us down we can get your BOY tubby smith and if he doesn't work out we can get rollie massimino.

When Coach Howland restores us to greatness I'm gonna remember all your Howland hate, while White is toiling in obscurity and mediocrity.

If Shaka were leaving wouldn't it have leaked to VCU fans/basketball players first?

I am getting way too excited about the flight tracker. I mean, flies into Richmond this morning, then leaves from Manassas (that's the troubling part) back to Hickory right when we hear a "there's a deal in place" from an "insider"

The fact that it was updated at all is the point. He'll have to announce wherever he's going on Twitter, so if the ink is drying it's absolutely one of the first things that would happen. He probably has to turn the account over to Wake/Marquette the minute he signs. Twitter isn't some afterthought these days...

I mean, that's certainly possible, but the fact that he's currently unemployed and looking for a new gig anywhere is reason enough for him to update his Twitter profile

200.gif

Back