• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Fuck Deman so much though. Reevaluate your life bro.

Speculation, but could it be Shaka just has a hard time giving people a firm "No." And people just interpret that the wrong way? I say this because of Illinois, Quette, and this.

So Tony Dungy ISN'T coming to Wake?! Fuck, the Twitterverse is going to be PISSED.

#WeAreMarquette

does deman have a full time gig outside of message boards? serious question

giphy.gif

So there was no announcement tonight and never was going to be. Big deal. Does it mean that the search is not going well? Hell no. How quickly was word out there that [Redacted] was going to be our coach after DIno was fired?

The silence is unsurprising. Wellman has always been tight lipped with his search. Hatch is not going to talk and Buddie is not going to ruin his career by being a blabber mouth. If we are talking to current head coaches officially or unofficially there is no reason to back them into a corner quickly to accept or not due to search info being leaked. The search is proceeding and Wake is doing its due diligence. The powers that be know that this has to be a strong hire.

Coaches that just lost are still recovering and probably just getting to the point to consider other jobs. It takes time to hammer out a contract and get all the details worked out. Archie will not be finished with his season until THursday night at the earliest and Archie is on our short list.

Search is not going badly but it will not be rushed either. If any of the names mentioned end up as our coach, except Del Negro, we will do well - Smart, Howland, Marshall, Miller, Mack, Amaker. If we had any of these guys 4 years ago we would not be in the mess we are in currently

I'm still encouraged at the end of the day. Remember on Sunday, people were saying that if by close of business on Monday, we hadn't yet heard anything definitive from Shaka, it was time to start getting optimistic. Well, it's Wednesday night. He still hasn't reaffirmed his commitment. Wake's BoT apparently is giving Wellman a blank check for the hire. And, we found that nugget out after confirmed reports put us in contact with Shaka (the only coach we've officially been in contact with, Mack be damned).

Maybe I'm deluding myself, but that sequence of events has me pretty optimistic.

Deman now saying all the meetings are over and this means the search isn't going well. His source thought something was done based on the meetings and now realized the meetings were not at all related to the coach.

"Please disperse. There is nothing to see here"

Hopefully no one will trust him again.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

Deman is a gullible guy who desperately wants a positive atmosphere around Wake sports who managed to kiss the right ass back when Skip was hired.

I feel like after he found out he was wrong again, he had to add the part of the search not going well to give some #analysis... even though we never expected a done deal this early.

Back