• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Been many rumors tossed around today with no results except for a totally antsy and pissed off fan base. Because of Wellman, his lack of integrity and willingness to accept responsibility when he makes a mistake, I pose this question...If there was another AD other than Wellman involved, would you feel more secure and confident that a good candidate would be selected?

Oh would you please stop acting like such a pre-pubescent spoiled Millennial Butthead!

Anyone know and specific numbers we're throwing around?

Nope, Wellman is doing a great job keeping that air tight, especially given that (I imagine) he'd have to get some reassurances from big boosters if the number is large.

I've shit on Wellman plenty over the past 4 years.

He is doing his damn job this week. I've got no complaints. If he closes the deal, he deserves an enormous amount of credit.

Certain quotes from certain posters stand out among all the cacophony. This, to me, is one.

Well the funny thing is the AD has said twice I believe he has yet to be "contacted" by any schools as if this is some mandatory duty rather then perfunctory notice. VCU fans don't even seem worried that it might come down to Shaka having to take a million dollar discount or more if you don't include the winning incentives to stay.

I couldn't imagine VCU balking at guaranteeing his incentives to make it closer to 1.6 guaranteed but you have to think Wake and Marquette started at 2 million guaranteed plus incentives and negotiated up from there. Big difference to bridge there .

Well when their AD can barely muster up a "at this time shaka smart is technically still the basketball coach" you know it feels a bit different

Exactly. Why would you put a school/fanbase through all this doubt for no reason

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Nope, Wellman is doing a great job keeping that air tight, especially given that (I imagine) he'd have to get some reassurances from big boosters if the number is large.

From all sides, it sounds like this is Wake's first major coaching search conducted without one hand tied behind its back.

I've gone this entire time with zero expectations, that peace of mind in now ruined, thanks turd/ph.

Team meeting happened. Wellman told the team... No new news. Womp. Womp.

More conjecture, but maybe Deman was right. Maybe things were close to being wrapped up but at the end of the day there were a few loose ends. Until things were final, our people wanted to throw off the scent to diffuse some of the pressure and not ruin anything with premature rumors?

If this happens, I believe the VT hire had a little to do with opening the purse strings a bit. That and the past 4 years can make a spender out of the tightest penny pincher...

Reactions: Ayo
Back