• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

He hasn't been above .500 in conference play for 3 straight years. Two NCAA tournaments in 10 years as a head coach. Come on.

This. He's not a bad A-10 coach, but he's done nothing at all that warrants a promotion to the ACC. The year they made the Sweet 16, he was incredibly lucky that Morehead St. beat Louisville in the 1st round.

Mooney is who we should have hired four years ago instead of Bz.

I will grant you that, Wellman.

Mooney is a poor mans Mack. Echoing other thoughts but if it's not Shaka/Howland I'd rather make an upside hire than someone who has had enough time to prove he's not great.

15k+ views since I checked in this morning. We get 100k+ today easily.

come on man...give me some information. i can't take this through the weekend!

Mooney is who we should have hired four years ago instead of Bz.

I will grant you that, Wellman.

+1. A Mooney hire this go round and I quit you WF!!! NO WAY! Shaka, Marshall or Howland or failure. Period. GRAND SLAM time....

Given what we have heard about the search and the instructions Ron has received from the donors/BOT, I will simply give up on WF basketball forever if we hire Chris Mooney.

Hey bros, since callowaydeac shot off some flares before, I checked out the VCU board to see how the message boards war was going. And this guy just fucking annihilated us.

What a dumbass. Obviously we don't think we're a better job than UCLA - our hope is that the timing is better than when UCLA pursued him. And "struggled to stave off laughingstock status for what seems like forever"? We were ranked No. 1 in the country five years ago. And also four years before that. We have Tim Duncan and Chris Paul in the NBA. They have Eric Maynor.

Hey bros, since callowaydeac shot off some flares before, I checked out the VCU board to see how the message boards war was going. And this guy just fucking annihilated us:

DOMINATED. SHOVED OUR DICKS UP OUR OWN ASSES. SHOULD WE WHITE FLAG IT OR WHAT??? THINK IT OVER BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE MY GRANDKIDS AGAIN SOMEDAY.

That guy is a moron.

What a dumbass. Obviously we don't think we're a better job than UCLA - our hope is that the timing is better than when UCLA pursued him. And "struggled to stave off laughingstock status for what seems like forever"? We were ranked No. 1 in the country five years ago. And also four years before that. We have Tim Duncan and Chris Paul in the NBA. They have Eric Maynor.

But don't forget LARRY SANDERS!!! In all seriousness, he's pretty good.

just because belien has done well at michigan does not mean mooney will be a great hire in the big leagues.

dv7's #sources have gone radio silent. That could mean one of two things. I'll leave you guys to figure out what those two things are.

Anyone else think if it's Shaka it's gotta be today?

I do. I think if we don't hear something today, Ron and the gang likely have moved on to option #2. We cannot wait to long especially if we're at all interested in Howland. He'll take Marquette if it comes around but he'd prefer Wake. He just doesn't have the luxury of waiting on us.

Back