• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The best part about that photoshop is the shit-eating grin on Wellman's face

although clawson certainly thinks marshall is way better than the horrible alternative

NOPE2.png

Last edited:
I know Marshall reneged on the C of C job, but other than that I can't thing of anything negative. Sure, he's an asshole, but so are most great coaches.

aight time to leave another hard day at work and get drunk, peace out bredren

I know Marshall reneged on the C of C job, but other than that I can't thing of anything negative. Sure, he's an asshole, but so are most great coaches.

I could be completely wrong about this but I seem to think there was some marriage shenanigans somewhere in his past.

So is it even clear whether Hatch met this prospective Coach in Winston-Salem or could it have been some other destination such as Richmond. Could Hatch have been seen on campus this am and then flown to Richmond and met with Shaka for an interview and then after the interview Shaka goes for a run to think things through.

If this is the case, it would gel with what YoungBuck had to say. Hatch would likely be involved at the end of the process...

Can you clarify what a "Wake Forest kind of guy" is?

I think that at Wake Forest you have to truly want to engage academically. that is what we are about. Now even if you are Rodney Rogers and certainly marginal academically, and one knows you are not going to graduate but go to the NBA, do you want to engage academically and grow. It is about personal growth. IF you are not interested in academic life and just want to major in pre nba, you just are not going to like it. Jabari Parker I'm sure has engaged academically at Duke. So it is not just a wake thing, but with our size it is a big part of the values of Wake

I know this much: the Wake Forest Way is to gossip rampantly about coaches' drinking problems/marriage problems/insert vice here problems AFTER they've left MSD - not before. Bad SkinsNDeacs. Very, very bad.

I think that at Wake Forest you have to truly want to engage academically. that is what we are about. Now even if you are Rodney Rogers and certainly marginal academically, and one knows you are not going to graduate but go to the NBA, do you want to engage academically and grow. It is about personal growth. IF you are not interested in academic life and just want to major in pre nba, you just are not going to like it. Jabari Parker I'm sure has engaged academically at Duke. So it is not just a wake thing, but with our size it is a big part of the values of Wake

How does that make Marshall not a "Wake guy"?

I know this much: the Wake Forest Way is to gossip rampantly about coaches' drinking problems/marriage problems/insert vice here problems AFTER they've left MSD - not before. Bad SkinsNDeacs. Very, very bad.

Just preempting him turning us down.

This post is what a message board is all about.

IIRC Claswon was interviewed at his kitchen table.

[Redacted] accepted the job before ever stepping foot on Wake's campus.

In Coaching searches you go to the candidates or a neutral site usually close to the candidate. You do not make the candidate come to campus.

Marshall would be just as good of a hire IMO.

remember when everyone thought we were getting Lembo until it leaked that we hired Clawson.....

one thing that Dan is 100% right on - if Wellman hires another bonehead - the fanbase will absolutely crush him....he is too arrogant to allow that to happen again.

Wichita State's APR numbers trended up after Marshall took over. Turgeon was the previous coach.

https://web1.ncaa.org/maps/tiwitytilamvmaprRelease.jsp

IIRC Claswon was interviewed at his kitchen table.

[Redacted] accepted the job before ever stepping foot on Wake's campus.

In Coaching searches you go to the candidates or a neutral site usually close to the candidate. You do not make the candidate come to campus.

I wasn't trying to insult. It was just that the post was based off of three or four internet speculations. That is why we are all here.

Back