• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Having spent most of my life around the this group, I think I know what it is. The problem is that it's difficult to explain without a lengthy response with context that is hard to put into words. I don't blame them for not trying to explain what it is because it is hard to do so. I could attempt it, but it would take some time.

I thought you went to Wake Forest? Are you one of the VCU mouthbreathers?

Well besides being all cryptic and annoying as fuck his "burning bridges" comment seems to indicate VCU feels as if he owes them a proper departure. Which means what exactly ?

There's no way he got offered two lucrative deals and never tried to negotiate for more money from VCU.

I still want and hope we get Shaka till we get something official but Marshall would qualify as a home run and maybe this board's favorite Wright too but other then that I would probably pick Mack or a Barnes over Howland.

Hey mods can we increase the number of tags on this thread to about 200? I've got some good ones I'm dying to use.

From the same guy that told me the offer was at $3 million/year: Wellman gave shaka the offer Wednesday (like we've heard) and gave him the weekend to think it over. Said to expect an announcement or leaks on Monday or late Sunday (only leaks). Announcement shouldn't be later than Tuesday.

Again, can't say how in the know this guy is, but know that he's a big fan that isn't crazy like section 2 or anybody.

Just putting this near the end for those who are just coming back into the thread.

only-didnt-say-fudge--large-msg-126170620051.jpg

This is smarm. This has to be smarm. Please tell me this is smarm.

This is serious.

ETA: there are a lot of things to cover. People are still around from before the campus moved (Arnold Palmer's age group), and Winston in the early fifties was had nothing outside of RJR. I-40 didn't even exist yet.

Last edited:
Then again Smart was only a double. I hear Phil Jackson has an offer on the table too

Sorry that was vague. I think he was just reacting to VT's post.

Who is Vt? (Apologies if this has been answered - I know I'm late for this one...)

He banged the slutty rape-accusing band chick so he has bad judgment. And probably syphilis.

Back