• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Sometimes you gotta do you and not worry about others feelings. Shaka shouldn't care about burning VCU bridges. The bridges that will be created at wake will be much larger and better.

and not made of rubber cement

Sometimes you gotta do you and not worry about others feelings. Shaka shouldn't care about burning VCU bridges. The bridges that will be created at wake will be much larger and better.

Shit! we need an engineering department to build bridges

Shit! we need an engineering department to build bridges

The Wake Forest Way is to outsource bridge-making, I believe.

Nothing burns bridges quite like Baptist gossip-mongering, though, as evidenced by scorned Dino on the DG radio show this week.

I'm with Skins. It isn't a good sign, but VT's info is also probably coming from someone offering their own spin and speculation.

Any info at this point is coming from someone offering their own spin and speculation.

Appreciate you being willing to answer directly. As a Wake grad ('05), I've always been bemused at the lingering sensibility of what a proper "Wake Forest person" is. It seems to run the gamut from the way they dress to the way they vote to the way they deal with public scrutiny. In my estimation (and, if I may be so bold, many "younger" graduates, or at least new campus graduates) Wake Forest is a place of higher education where we gathered together during our formative years and were shaped into young adults. A powerful thing! An important thing! But a thing that transcends a specific worldview and approach to existence.

Broadly, my question is this: what and where is this disconnect? What is it that causes so much fear to stray from the never-defined but always judgmental "Wake Forest Way?" Was there such resistance to becoming a national university or opening a business school? Am I just a Yankee (note: I'm from the west, DAYS OF THUNDER taught me that people from the west aren't Yankees, exactly, we're "nothing") who will never get it? And is it true that Wake is only in Winston to keep the city from becoming a city of too many minorities, i.e. the tobacco kingpins' worst nightmare? Thank you in advance.

I'm not a lot older than you and am not a LOWF person, "Wake Forest kind of guy" person. Give me some time to answer your condescending post.

Last edited:
I consider vt to be a straight up guy. This might've been the Category 5 hoopla spoke of.

Back