• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Did bdz ever tell VCU-dolphan how old he was? Because that whole bit was weird.

Wait wait wait. You claimed that we don't really know what shaka is all about or understand him. But you act like you do. Asking that if he wanted to climb the ladder but didn't and he's stayed at vcu tells me that you know he wants to be there.

Entirely due to VTWhat's comments.

I've heard from a couple different places now that we still have not been turned down and nobody other than VT has claimed he is leaning one way or the other.

So we ARE getting our knickers in a bundle over VT's take that he is LEANING a certain way?? Oy. Look what uve done VT!!

Word from campus, Nathan Hatch and BOT interviewed a coach at 4pm on Friday.

This jives with notes I received last night during Fear & Loathing with the OGBoards

ETA: "BOT" being a couple prominent Trustees, not the whole damn board

Ignore only applies to posts, not threads. Everybody can see everybody's threads.

Hmmmm...but no rumblings about who this mystery interviewee may have been?

Again can't say for sure, don't know with whom or where held. Carry on...

just a public service announcement: i've created a contingency holiday on april 1st called "NO INTERNET DAY" in case this coaching search is still going on. in fact, i'm only half kidding when i suggest that the mods shut down the boards for "maintenance" on tuesday if we don't yet have a coach to save us from hysteria.

Word from campus, Nathan Hatch and BOT interviewed a coach at 4pm on Friday.

Wellman and Hatch are both nearing retirement. If I am a coach with lots of choices, I want some assurances from the BOT. Sounds like someone who might be concerned by the lack of a President and AD.

Last edited:
3 mil? (If that is close to the right number?) That makes you the SIXTH highest paid coach in college basketball. That is twice what ROY WILLIAMS makes. I mean someone is going to take that. I mean the University of Damascus could get a great coach for that.

This was the third day -- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. And sadly, the decision seems to have gone against us.

We are still in with a puncher's chance, but don't hold your breath. I'm crushed.

Dv7 is likely asleep, surely worn out from his tete a tete with Bdz, but why do we still have a "puncher's chance?" Seems like VT was assessing the wind direction, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the winds could shift?

I agree with Ph and Deac15 that the "whisper" campaign may have already begun, why not just let it leak that Shaka has declined our offer cuz it's not his preferred fit?

The silence is deafening! If Shaka had decided to turn us down, wouldn't he be reassuring recruits? If he was telling recruits I have to think it would leak out... In fact, if a final decision had been made, I would think there would be many sources of leaks...

3 mil? (If that is close to the right number?) That makes you the SIXTH highest paid coach in college basketball. I mean someone is going to take that. I mean the University of Damascus could get a great coach for that.

i hadn't heard of them until RW scheduled them for a non-con game to pad Bzz wins

Back