• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Mack is fine... just surprising. Not exactly an "under the radar" hire... we just thought he wouldn't be interested for a number of reasons. Not overly exciting, but would probably be fine. Not a home run, but fine.

Isn't it in Wellman's best interest to get a home run on this hire?

Yeah, hasn't Chris Mack gotten worse about every year at Xavier?

If you dig deeper and make some very specific qualifiers, redefine winning, and ignore all other factors, then Xavier has actually improved each year.

Last 3 Sean Miller years: 35, 18, 20 then Mack takes over and goes 17 first year, then 39, 48, 77, 59

Damn, am I the only #MackIN guy here? I've always liked him for some reason.

Just can't see Chris Mack coming here. I don't imagine that he would have appreciated the way WFU treated Dino. Unless he hated Dino.

drugs-gif-skins-text-Favim.com-292307.gif

You figure when things were not going his way, Ol' Ronnie would focus in on OHIO.

Just can't see Chris Mack coming here. I don't imagine that he would have appreciated the way WFU treated Dino. Unless he hated Dino.

Didn't he return to Xavier because Dino effectively blocked his career advancement here?

Last 3 Sean Miller years: 35, 18, 20 then Mack takes over and goes 17 first year, then 39, 48, 77, 59

Mack is no Sean Miller, that much is for sure.

Xavier could be a top 25 team or close to it next year, though.

I heard the opposite a couple of years ago....that Mack was really close to Dino and would never consider coming back because of what happened with Dino....

Back