• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Alright guys and the few gals. I'm calling it a day (mainly of lurking) and I won't really be able to be on the boards at all tomorrow until in the evening, but I will def be peaking looks at my phone periodically throughout the day. Sending all my positive vibes towards the search. I'm going to try not to have a nervous breakdown tomorrow with my unableness to have cases to the boards.

Positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes

I hear you. Really, I do.

But we're up to 3 donors' planes (and a 4th that I'm suspicious of but can't confirm if the guy is related to the program), plus 2 charter flights, all between Boca/PB and the Triad, in a 3 day span. That route hasn't seen nearly this much traffic at one time. There's just a lot of smoke here.

No I'm serious I think that's odd. I hope it's more than a coincidence and something is going on there. Any flights from Richmond that went to meet them there?

No I'm serious I think that's odd. I hope it's more than a coincidence and something is going on there. Any flights from Richmond that went to meet them there?

One of the flights we're referencing (it was either the Flow one or the Carolina Blue Air one, I can't remember which) went to Richmond both ways on the trip.

I guess that I'm just trying to take a different view in regards to the planes since most are looking at it from the "WF basketball oriented" standpoint.

What you posted above makes sense. It would not surprise me if it were related to basketball. To me, there are two things that make me question the group's motives. First, Wellman was seemingly not present for most (or any) of the weekend. Maybe his part was done or his presence was not needed but it seems odd to have a group doing athletic business without the AD there. Secondly, I don't fully understand why they'd choose Palm Beach when there are quite a few closer locations that could have been used (ATL, Charlotte, Raleigh, DC, etc...). It is possible that they wanted to do business by the beach or with some of the FL donors/BOT members but still the location does not seem to "fit" to me.
if I'm trying to pull off a ninja coaching search, I'm going to pick one or more locations that don't "fit."

I guess that I'm just trying to take a different view in regards to the planes since most are looking at it from the "WF basketball oriented" standpoint.

What you posted above makes sense. It would not surprise me if it were related to basketball. To me, there are two things that make me question the group's motives. First, Wellman was seemingly not present for most (or any) of the weekend. Maybe his part was done or his presence was not needed but it seems odd to have a group doing athletic business without the AD there. Secondly, I don't fully understand why they'd choose Palm Beach when there are quite a few closer locations that could have been used (ATL, Charlotte, Raleigh, DC, etc...). It is possible that they wanted to do business by the beach or with some of the FL donors/BOT members but still the location does not seem to "fit" to me.

They'd pick Palm Beach just for that reason. To the unsuspicious eye, it would seem like they'd pick a closer place. They're just trying to throw everybody off.

Well, the Sony Open last year was in late March down in Miami as well. Couldn't we see if Flow's airplane did the same route last year?

If it did, that might explain at least that one plane going down there the weekend before that tournament starts.

Well, the Sony Open last year was in late March down in Miami as well. Couldn't we see if Flow's airplane did the same route last year?

If it did, that might explain at least that one plane going down there the weekend before that tournament starts.

YoY variance is #NextLevel kinds of fan obsession. And I love it.

We could, but somebody would have to pay for a more extensive flight history. The free version only goes back to December 2013.

You gotta pay for that kind of info I think. $325 a pop?

Also, what if the dude didn't go to the Sony Open last year but decided to go this year? What if he went last year but was in Palm Beach for something unrelated this year?

DV7, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE LITERALLY ENDLESS

Also, what if the dude didn't go to the Sony Open last year but decided to go this year? What if he went last year but was in Palm Beach for something unrelated this year?

DV7, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE LITERALLY ENDLESS

Can't we see if turd can ask charlie to ask don flow?

Back