• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I mean I'm obviously glad that Smart to Marquette isn't a done deal *yet*, but there is still a helluva lot of smoke about it compared to virtually no chatter at all about Smart to Wake. IOW, because Marquette hasn't inked Shaka just yet doesn't necessarily mean we are any closer to doing it ourselves.

I mean I'm obviously glad that Smart to Marquette isn't a done deal *yet*, but there is still a helluva lot of smoke about it compared to virtually no chatter at all about Smart to Wake. IOW, because Marquette hasn't inked Shaka just yet doesn't necessarily mean we are any closer to doing it ourselves.

I'd prefer Shaka stay at VCU rather than going to Marquette. I really don't care if we don't get him, I just don't want to see that happen.

I'd prefer Shaka stay at VCU rather than going to Marquette. I really don't care if we don't get him, I just don't want to see that happen.

Apparently you're not the only one.

vsdxr6.jpg

Matthew Steinbrink ‏@MattSteinbrink 36m
I've heard Ben Howland prefers the Wake Forest job to Marquette. We will see.

^^ Pitt writer for Rivals

Matthew Steinbrink ‏@MattSteinbrink 36m
I've heard Ben Howland prefers the Wake Forest job to Marquette. We will see.

^^ Pitt writer for Rivals

Could be why we're hearing rumors that his $$$ demands where more than what Marquette was willing to pay....might have thrown out a ridiculous number thinking I'd rather go coach at Wake but if they'll give me then I'm there's....

Could be why we're hearing rumors that his $$$ demands where more than what Marquette was willing to pay....might have thrown out a ridiculous number thinking I'd rather go coach at Wake but if they'll give me then I'm there's....

Indeed, seems quite likely. Perhaps folks will panic a little less and breathe. Gotta let this play out. Probably nothing final till Wed at the earliest. The Buzz Will domino has probably thrown off the timing of some other hires. At least it seems like this is a year with a deep pool of secondary and tertiary options. Not to say I don't want the big name with the most cachet. Come on Ronnie, you owe this beleaguered alumni \ fan base! Get 'er done.

Shaka's shirts are too big and baggy for him. He should be able to afford a few bespoke shirts or at least mtm. He has decent neckties though.

I am surprised that I haven't seen Chris Mack's name on the boards. Any reason why?

I blame myself for bringing his name back into the discussion. If he is the hire I give you permission to crucify me.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m
Here's the update on Shaka Smart and Marquette for all those asking. Nothing done, nothing imminent - per multiple sources

Ron show Shaka the goddamn money. You can do something fucking AWESOME or you could get Chris Mack.

Back