• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

wake20 was at the press conference earlier, so maybe he knows something we don't yet

So based on 20's post and the CMM twitter are we to understand Codi wouldn't reduce his salary so we could get Shaka and we now have to move on to other candidates?

wake20 was at the press conference earlier, so maybe he knows something we don't yet

wlatu7V.gif

Danny Manning would be an absolutely atrocious hire in nearly every imaginable aspect.

+ 1 million. Plus, I will never forgive Danny Manning for how awful he was as an Atlanta Hawk. That trade for him sunk the Hawks chances that season.

From what I heard from someone close to Howland, it would somewhat surprise me if he wanted our job. Granted that was a couple of weeks ago before he probably would have gotten details from Wellman and seen what other jobs were available, but I didn't get the sense that we are what he is looking for.

Ya, the only way Howland seems to make sense is if he is not making headway with other options and Wellman exhausts a few other of his top candidates and chooses to give Howland serious consideration later due to his perception of a "safe" option to serve as a bridge from [name redacted] to our next young, up and coming coach. Wait, we've never hired a "young", up and coming coach have we?

Obviously, we're all going to be somewhat shocked and awed by our next coach, and not in a "young" and up and coming sort of way.

I don't see much difference in Manning vs White. Manning took a pretty young team and won White's conference.

Has the recruiting at Tulsa and La Tech been much different?

Once we get down to this level we are in up and comers.

If we hire Danny Manning, I'll support the guy and hope for the best, and think it's cool that he was a badass player and Olympian, but it'll be tough to shake the idea that he's pretty much a 6'10" symbol of the damage [Redacted] did to this program and should hopefully serve to expedite Wellman's "retirement."

Back