• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

If Shaka is prepared to leave, and the choice is between Marquette and Wake how hard of a recruiting pitch does Wellman need to sell Shaka for Wake over Marquette. The only thing they might have is more money which Shaka has turned from before.

Between their having paid Buzz Williams $2.8 million a year and having the second-highest basketball recruiting budget in the nation (per some Milwaukee idiot on Twitter), the biggest advantage Marquette would appear to have is simply that they put an assload of money into their basketball program.

If Shaka is prepared to leave, and the choice is between Marquette and Wake how hard of a recruiting pitch does Wellman need to sell Shaka for Wake over Marquette. The only thing they might have is more money which Shaka has turned from before.

I hope CP3 is involved

He's also from Wisconsin. But I honestly believe that the Marquette talk has been complete bullshit and that small time blogger is being taken for a ride by someone. I also still think Shaka to Wake is a longshot, and Shaka will probably announce he's staying at VCU soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Ryan Nobles ‏@ryanobles 3m
I'll say this about #ShakaWatch. Remember NC State, Illinois & UCLA? Rumors were just as hot and heavy.. and look how it ended. #ShakaSmart

womp womp

I don't think the rumors were ever this hot for those schools

VCU fans are delusional, can't wait to send them back to a struggling mid-major

I don't think the rumors were ever this hot for those schools

VCU fans are delusional, can't wait to send them back to a struggling mid-major

Yeah my disappointment in losing Shaka to Marquette will be slightly softened by tasting the tears of that delusional fanbase.

I realize nothing much of substance has been released, but there is enough smoke IMO that Shaka seems to be pondering Marquette vs staying. Nobody is talking about anything Wake related so don't get the optimism.

Wellman is crazy like a fox. Hire Terribad Buzz. Run program in the ground destroying revenue. Force City to sell property for a song. Renovate facility. Hire the Savior raining the monies upon Wake.

Shaka, Anthony Grant, Capel - VCU's had a nice string of coaches this last decade

Man, eff all of these Marquette "Look at meeeeeeeeeeee!" Twitter goons who don't know shit.

#MillenialBullshit

If you are going to try to track planes I'd look for the identifier for the budd group plane that Clawson tapped

Marquette has no President or Athletic Director, and may be investigated by the NCAA, but Shaka Smart's gonna take that job? #KeepDreaming
9:06pm - 24 Mar 14

First I've seen about investigation

Back