• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I don't know where all of this righteous indignation was when the same thing happened to Eddie Jordan last year.

Also, if yall are so up in arms about this, then consider that some people on here are defending staking your reputation on hiring Danny fucking Manning.

I was meh about this hire until I did some digging. I'm #ManningOut at this point.

Jordan didn't lie. He was hired by the school that held his transcript. Rutgers hired him and put out a press release that said he graduated. Not the same thing as saying you graduated and it being a lie.

Howland got fired and wants a job this year. To get Shaka money, he would need someone to bid up his contract. Who is doing that? Marquette seems set on other targets. The only other potential suitor right now is California.

I can't remember, are you the same guy from before that didn't understand how hypotheticals work?

CONSPIRACY THEORY

You're the Wake AD commo team. You're from Ohio. You're sick of OGBoards calling you a DONK from Ohio.

You know that they know that Shaka said no. You know this upsets them. You know that they will consider Plan B (aka Ben Howland) a downgrade and a bit of a settle, and shrieked at by kenpom nerds and that crazy old man with the alien avatar.

You've already floated Chris Mack's name as a misdirection, and don't want him dragged through the mud of fanbase gossip because he's family. You need to float a name that's both 1) believable and 2) expectations-lowering, so the Howland narrative can pick up momentum and excitement.

Well played, Ohioan DONKS. Well played.

Fuck - the scary is the above scenario crossed my mind until I remembered Wellman actually hired he who wall not be named

I admire yalls dedication from early morning to late night on this thread. Y'all are the masters of speculation.

Fuck. Ron. Wellman.

If that guy can't close a deal with 3MM to offer it's time to GTFO.

I hope Wellman has to fly southwest to go pick up whatever d list coach he hires. I doubt many jet owners would let that greasy Bastard even near their planes let alone in it to pick up the Burger King Spokesman of Tulsa.

Ok crack researchers....who is the best player who later ended up coaching a team to a final four. I really don't know.

Perhaps, John Thompson?

Back