• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

This quote just seems very...odd.
I was thinking the same thing. These quotes just don't seem to go together.

"“I’m looking forward to meeting with Stead and Derrick real soon about the vision for TU basketball,” Manning told the Tulsa World.
“And,” Manning added, “Wake Forest has shown a great deal of interest.”

Huh?

“I’m looking forward to meeting with Stead and Derrick real soon about the vision for TU basketball,” Manning told the Tulsa World.

If that's how it actually went, just oozes douche.

So really, manning himself is the #source?

Ok, makes sense, move along.

Marshall to Tennessee
Manning to Wichita State
Turner to Cal
Donahue to Wake

You can't be serious? Donahue from gross failure at BC to Wake? That may be even worse hiring [Redacted].

"“I’m looking forward to meeting with Stead and Derrick real soon about the vision for TU basketball,” Manning told the Tulsa World.

Huh?

It's like he's throwing that in at the end to help the author write the article, to get himself a raise, but didn't intend to be quoted.

Though one of the positives(?) of that could be read as Manning's side being the ones who leaked the conversations with Wake and he's doing it to get a raise from Tulsa & that Wake may be just as interested in a handful of other candidates who have just kept it quieter. If the initial leak was from Wake's side I'd see it as setup for a hire; if the leak is from Manning's end, which it seems it may have been, it's entirely possible Manning is just one of a pool of people being looked at post-Shaka.

Huh?

This was a total fabrication. This shows we were never interested in him.

@GaryParrishCBS
Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin has removed himself from consideration at Marquette, a source told @CBSSports. Story coming ...

OK, so that tweet was BS...

Back