• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 1m
I mean, Marquette is making a push for him. Lots of $. RT @BadgerDan19: does this Shaka Smart to Marquette rumor have any truth behind it?

Steve Chamraz ‏@TMJ4Steve 57s
:: UPDATE: As of 9:30pm, @muathletics says there is still nothing new to report on the Shaka Smart frenzy spawned by Twitter. Carry on.

I haven't seen much actual news for him leaving to Marquette either...

But regardless, neither of those things mean a bogus story about a face to face meeting with Wellman is true.

1.) Hoopla is the guy that's just been hyping up Bruce Pearl for the last two years. I'm not even sure he's a legit poster.

2.) Hoopla didn't make that post from an IP address anywhere close to the triad. Hell, it wasn't even in the same state.

#busted

Discuss Wake athletics. Freely. Maybe not truthfully, but definitely freely.

But regardless, neither of those things mean a bogus story about a face to face meeting with Wellman is true.

1.) Hoopla is the guy that's just been hyping up Bruce Pearl for the last two years. I'm not even sure he's a legit poster.

2.) Hoopla didn't make that post from an IP address anywhere close to the triad. Hell, it wasn't even close.

Hoopla is full of shit. I have him on ignore. There is nothing about Wake right now and Shaka. I am assuming the worst for my own sanity.

2.) Hoopla didn't make that post from an IP address anywhere close to the triad. Hell, it wasn't even in the same state.

tumblr_m13y5hQmI81rq35r9o1_500.gif

UPDATE: hoopla = complete BS. Carry on.

A quick search of hoopla's posts show that he uses the word "moxy" in, like, half of them. And he recently cited a "good friend" as being a big donor. Now it's his dad, and his dad's the one saying the word "moxy".

#analysis

ron wellman is not dining out in public anywhere until a coach is hired because he doesn't want to run into anyone who may ask him about the search. The last thing he would do is walk up to somebody

thats what should have gone through everyones brains when reading such a stoopid story

Not to defend him but Ron wasn't parading around Graylyn like he owned the place. Not sure who he was having dinner with. Suit type. Didn't feel like a donor. Only reason why he stopped to talk to us was because he basically had to walk past our table to exit. It would have been awkward if he didn't say hello as my pops and he know each other. #FirstHandScoop #SecondHandPartnersNeedNotApply

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Beware fake twitter accounts/info

Without looking it up, I'm going to assume this is Col. Rhodes, aka WAR MACHINE.

That makes Shaka Iron Man.

For sure, but if Marquette lands him, Wellman might as well pen his resignation letter.

Yep. If Wellman moved Wake behind VT and Marquette in the pecking order, he's got to go.

Last edited:
Not to defend him but Ron wasn't parading around Graylyn like he owned the place. Not sure who he was having dinner with. Suit type. Didn't feel like a donor. Only reason why he stopped to talk to us was because he basically had to walk past our table to exit. It would have been awkward if he didn't say hello as my pops and he know each other. #FirstHandScoop #SecondHandPartnersNeedNotApply

Uh yeah, so you've already been outed for being a liar. Might as well go away now troll.

pretty good:

(Guide for rival fans: )

Hello rival fan, and welcome to VCURamNation.com! You're no doubt here because Twitter is blowing up with reports of our awesome coach, Shaka Smart, and how he [was offered/is considering/has accepted] an offer from your university to become your head coach. Because we've done this before with [NC State / Maryland / Georgia Tech / Illinois / Minnesota / UCLA / Marquette] we thought we'd create this helpful guide to transition you more smoothly from the hope you're feeling right now to your inevitable disappointment. Be realistic. He turned down UCLA. You really think he's going to come coach for you?

You may be wondering, "But what does VCU have to offer that my university does not?" Are you from a bottom feeder university in a big name conference? Now now, be honest! Are you a university in a conference that used to be the creme de la creme but has fallen on hard times recently? That's what I thought. Did your university fire your previous head coach after two seasons because he failed to turn around your ailing program? Bad form, that.

VCU is a beautiful urban university in the wonderful city of Richmond, VA. You should visit sometime, you'll really enjoy it. We certainly love it here, and Shaka has - on every occasion possible - made it clear how much he loves it here. I know, that's what they all say. It's probably what your coach said before he [was fired/left for a better job]. Shaka says it so often we've actually come to believe him. Perhaps he's just saying it, but his wife says it too. And his super cute daughter seems to like it as well, which is really what matters.

On top of that, Shaka has continued VCU's winning tradition, a tradition that started under Jeff Capel and continued under Anthony Grant. Capel left for Oklahoma and failed and Grant left for Alabama and failed. Do you really think Shaka hasn't looked at those two and wondered if he was next? He's an excellent coach and will likely succeed at any school he goes to... but people said the same thing about our two coaches who preceded him. Shaka also really likes that VCU does not have and has no plans to invest in football. Does your school play football? Is football the top dog on campus? Uh oh... Shaka really likes that our Homecoming is at a men's basketball game.

I know you probably won't be persuaded by all this, and I don't blame you. Shaka Smart is an excellent coach, and you're right to lust after him. I just wanted to warn you - to plant the seed of doubt in your mind - so that when VCU gets around to it and denies the Twitter rumors you aren't too crushed. I don't bear you any ill will. You wanted to hire our coach - you thought you had a right to hire him. After all, who is VCU? "It's cute what they've done, but we are [________]! Who could say no to us if we came calling?"

Shaka Smart, unfortunately.

See you next season, and good luck in your coaching search! I hope your second choice says yes.

I was drinking a beer in the shower tonight, when my hands got too soapy next thing you know I drop my beer. The foam start pouring out of the bottle.. when I look down to pick it up, the foam looked just like Shaka. That has to be as good as the info on Twitter. It was a sign!

pretty good:

(Guide for rival fans: )

Hello rival fan, and welcome to VCURamNation.com! You're no doubt here because Twitter is blowing up with reports of our awesome coach, Shaka Smart, and how he [was offered/is considering/has accepted] an offer from your university to become your head coach. Because we've done this before with [NC State / Maryland / Georgia Tech / Illinois / Minnesota / UCLA / Marquette] we thought we'd create this helpful guide to transition you more smoothly from the hope you're feeling right now to your inevitable disappointment. Be realistic. He turned down UCLA. You really think he's going to come coach for you?

You may be wondering, "But what does VCU have to offer that my university does not?" Are you from a bottom feeder university in a big name conference? Now now, be honest! Are you a university in a conference that used to be the creme de la creme but has fallen on hard times recently? That's what I thought. Did your university fire your previous head coach after two seasons because he failed to turn around your ailing program? Bad form, that.

VCU is a beautiful urban university in the wonderful city of Richmond, VA. You should visit sometime, you'll really enjoy it. We certainly love it here, and Shaka has - on every occasion possible - made it clear how much he loves it here. I know, that's what they all say. It's probably what your coach said before he [was fired/left for a better job]. Shaka says it so often we've actually come to believe him. Perhaps he's just saying it, but his wife says it too. And his super cute daughter seems to like it as well, which is really what matters.

On top of that, Shaka has continued VCU's winning tradition, a tradition that started under Jeff Capel and continued under Anthony Grant. Capel left for Oklahoma and failed and Grant left for Alabama and failed. Do you really think Shaka hasn't looked at those two and wondered if he was next? He's an excellent coach and will likely succeed at any school he goes to... but people said the same thing about our two coaches who preceded him. Shaka also really likes that VCU does not have and has no plans to invest in football. Does your school play football? Is football the top dog on campus? Uh oh... Shaka really likes that our Homecoming is at a men's basketball game.

I know you probably won't be persuaded by all this, and I don't blame you. Shaka Smart is an excellent coach, and you're right to lust after him. I just wanted to warn you - to plant the seed of doubt in your mind - so that when VCU gets around to it and denies the Twitter rumors you aren't too crushed. I don't bear you any ill will. You wanted to hire our coach - you thought you had a right to hire him. After all, who is VCU? "It's cute what they've done, but we are [________]! Who could say no to us if we came calling?"

Shaka Smart, unfortunately.

See you next season, and good luck in your coaching search! I hope your second choice says yes.

Common thread all of the previous coaches left !

A quick search of hoopla's posts show that he uses the word "moxy" in, like, half of them. And he recently cited a "good friend" as being a big donor. Now it's his dad, and his dad's the one saying the word "moxy".

#analysis

...and it's actually "moxie"....

No idea what some of you are talking about. There is nothing here that is stating "He's not coming or he is..." We ran into him talked briefly. That is it.
And as for the genius tracking my IP address I'm using my IPAD which operates alongside my cell with internet. So you are right, Sherlock Holmes, I don't reside in the state. Leave my man Bruce Pearl out of this. If anyone is interested I'm heading to Palm Beach tomorrow to the Breakers. #CyberStalker!!!

Back