• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Short of killing 5 hookers while at Winthrop I can't imagine what the red flag is that would prevent him from being hired. Dude wins and wins a ton everywhere he goes.

He seems like a good family man as well. Wellman loves that stuff.

gregg-marshall-family.jpg

yaF11.SlMa.80.jpeg

Short of killing 5 hookers while at Winthrop I can't imagine what the red flag is that would prevent him from being hired. Dude wins and wins a ton everywhere he goes.

And in our current situation, maybe we'd have to take the 'risk' in hiring Marshall. Wake needs a proven winner in this hire.

Wellman is probably trying to out think himself again.

"The fans want Shaka but that's a lot of money and Shaka came from the Billy Donovan coaching tree and Billy Donovan's team is the favorite for the National Championship this year. I bet if I hire Billy's Director of Basketball Operations it would be like getting Shaka and we could save $2MM."

All this must have been part of the terms of the deal we made with the rest of the ACC not to boot us during football expansion. Major basketball recruiting restrictions and one hand tied behind our back on the bench for a period of no fewer than 10 years.

This is plausible.

"The fans want Shaka but that's a lot of money and Shaka came from the Billy Donovan coaching tree and Billy Donovan's team is the favorite for the National Championship this year. I bet if I hire Billy's Director of Basketball Operations it would be like getting Shaka and we could save $2MM."

What fun would it be to have Shaka competing with Donovan for titles? Screw that, we can have a week of pure hope again in 4 years!

Lolol at marquette. They're on the verge of signing multiple coaches, then it owe up. That's one thing I like about our search. We haven't been humiliate…yet.

It's setting up a nice storyline to "explain" our hire for the enablers: "At least we weren't humiliated multiple times like Marquette, even if we did make a shitty hire."

"Hey, Battle, any chance you're interested? Because nobody else wants this job. I'm not sure why..."

I told myself last night I would not open this thread today. I fucked that up like Wellman fucked up Wake basketball!

Change this to being about Jay Wright and we could end up with Pat Chambers!

I am confident that there is nothing to the Manning stuff.

It is really funny how folks are doing the EXACT same thing with this Manning story from Goodman as we did with Goodman's BZD story in 2010. I know, because I was the first one calling BS on Goodman back then. It's happening, guys. Accept it.

It is really funny how folks are doing the EXACT same thing with this Manning story from Goodman as we did with Goodman's BZD story in 2010. I know, because I was the first one calling BS on Goodman back then. It's happening, guys. Accept it.

He also floated Mack's name as a serious candidate. I think the ******* talk was much more ominous, like Bzzz is Wellman's guy.

Back