• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Busy work day for me and can't keep up, but really anxious to know the status.

Is it true that Manning is STILL in W-S and just now about to go back to Tulsa (without an announcement, press conference, or a definitive Y or N to Wake?

Is it also true that RW is seriously not even IN W-S and has gone to Dallas or something?

Thanks!

We still have tomorrow....Friday.

The summary:

It appears that he has been in Winston this morning and was reported to have been seen in the IMG studios. Likely to meet with Ben Sutton. Manning is likely about to fly back to Tulsa on the same aircraft that brought him here yesterday. There is no announcment or presser scheduled, but Wellman is supposedly already in Dallas for the coaches conference. Some speculate that no anouncment until next week after the final four is over.

Maybe Don Knotts mixed with a Kardashian. All ego with nothing to back it up mixed with someone who messes everything up.

So, basically, Ron Wellman is theoretically the love child from the Bieber/Knotts/Kardashian threesome?

Didn't someone make a "24 hours" promise yesterday? (I forget if it was Manning or our AD).

The summary:

It appears that he has been in Winston this morning and was reported to have been seen in the IMG studios. Likely to meet with Ben Sutton. Manning is likely about to fly back to Tulsa on the same aircraft that brought him here yesterday. There is no announcment or presser scheduled, but Wellman is supposedly already in Dallas for the coaches conference. Some speculate that no anouncment until next week after the final four is over.

so dumb. I hope he just decides to stay with all the time we're giving him.

Is it just me or has anyone else heard that it is actually our side that is holding this up because the Board is not sold yet

So this whole thing is DRAWN-OUT because our AD has been on SPRING BREAK for a MONTH?

If Manning, Wellman, etc are all on board with this and it's a done deal, zero chance they wait until next week to announce. If they wait then someone isn't sure about it.

It just doesn't make a ton of sense to fly him out here and then let tulsa have the last shot to convince him. it reeks of desperation.

If he's coming, we'll know within an hour of two of DM landing in Tulsa. He'll tell his players and AD and word will leak. If we don't hear anything, it's a bad sign.

If he's flying back to tell his players and AD personally before accepting the Wake offer, then I'm totally on board with that.

Yeah, that's a good thing if he's agreed and is flying back to tell his players before word leaks. I could see WFU putting out a press release soon afterwards saying they have agreed to terms and that a press conference announcing him as the new coach will be held next Tuesday once RW gets back from Dallas.

Of course, he could've also declined the offer. The way this search has gone down, though, I'm betting on the third option. We put out a press release saying he has agreed to become Wake's coach, but he changes his mind over the weekend before the press conference. It wouldn't be the first time.

No he wouldn't. He's 60ish, and Tejas fans have been frustrated with him the last few years. His talent base has fallen off since Haith left.

And if Chairman Ron isn't going to get back till Tuesday, why hold off on the presser till then. If Ron has a brain and a memory of how awful he was at the Buzzdick sendoff presser, it would be much better to have it here today without him and have Hatch and/or Buddie handle it. Are they just going to have Danny wandering around town till then?

You are aware that Haith left in 2004 right? Wasn't aware that Haith was that much of a factor here. Since he left, UT has had 2 Elite 8 appearances and missed only 1 Big Dance. Yup, the talent has really dropped off since then...Wake would kill for a resume like that..... Will give you the fact that Rick turns 60 in July but he would have been perfect to turn our program around the next 5-7 years or so.

It just doesn't make a ton of sense to fly him out here and then let tulsa have the last shot to convince him. it reeks of desperation.
Well, we are desperate. What other choice do we have if Manning turns us down?

Back