• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Back in 2006, I was at a Gator Final Four game watch. I was sitting at a table with a random couple about my age. Both were white. The girl was drunk and rambling on about she should hook me up with her friend. When she got up, her sober boyfriend said, "Hey man, I apologize. She just wants to set you up because you and her friend are both black."

That awkward and contrived or worse?

Haha, oh man. I've witnessed that story. I've cringed at that story.

And that story is pretty much what I imagine took place. "Hey, Maya!" OWG says. "We got another Maya too! And she's a black ... writer too! Here's a video message from her!"

And that story is pretty much what I imagine took place. "Hey, Maya!" OWG says. "We got another Maya too! And she's a black ... writer too! Here's a video message from her!"

"WELCOME to Wake Forest!"

::cringe::

I've lived in Richmond, it's a cool town. But Winston has really come on in the last decade. But I can totally see why any 30-something woman wld prefer to live in Richmond.

Honestly, why do you have to ruin this for everyone? I could tell you EVERY facet of the coaching search if you didn't knock everything that was said right off the bat

The only person ruining this entire process, which could have been a happy ending for all, is Ron Wellman and his pathetic handling of this process. I know exactly who you are and your angle so you better fucking lighten up the sunshine talk.

Maya Angelou is definitely Wake Forest University's black friend.

There used to be a large contingent of the fanbase referred to as "The Sunshine Brigade." (Of which I was a part of, and a phrase, I believe, that Ph coined.) That was five years ago. Now look at us. Now look at us!

IN all due respect DeacAttack, you are losing your credibility by only responding to the posters that are calling your bluff.

I've lived in Richmond, it's a cool town. But Winston has really come on in the last decade. But I can totally see why any 30-something woman wld prefer to live in Richmond.

Exactly. They seem to be well integrated into the Richmond community. If you like where you live and you like your job, why move?

I'm not going to hate Shaka and definitely not his beautiful wife over this. I am going to hold the AD accountable for the fact the job isn't attractive.

Have you ever run into a chick you used to know who used to be hot, but started going out with the wrong dude and just stopped taking care of herself and got ugly?

That's Wake basketball.

There used to be a large contingent of the fanbase referred to as "The Sunshine Brigade." (Of which I was a part of, and a phrase, I believe, that Ph coined.) That was five years ago. Now look at us. Now look at us!

An age of innocence lost, a bygone era of polite and gentlemanly discourse. ;)

Exactly. They seem to be well integrated into the Richmond community. If you like where you live and you like your job, why move?

I'm not going to hate Shaka and definitely not his beautiful wife over this. I am going to hold the AD accountable for the fact the job isn't attractive.

Have you ever run into a chick you used to know who used to be hot, but started going out with the wrong dude and just stopped taking care of herself and got ugly?

That's Wake basketball.

Oofff Ph, that's tough but sadly pretty apt. We have definitely been a mess since our charismatic patriarch of "Proud to be a Deacon" passed so suddenly.

Really kinda awful that any kind of spin regarding a coach's wife would even enter into the discussion.

DeacAttack,

Any mention of any well-reputed NBA coach(es) during the search, sum1 who could provide the cachet of a big name on the recruiting trail, experience to quell the anxious fans and steadily guide us thru a transition period back towards, ahem, actual historical competitiveness?

Back