• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

For what it's worth, I found the plane that Wellman used to get to and from Dayton. It's owned by Flow... It also hasn't been anywhere since. Might be worth keeping an eye on if we're thinking that Wellman would use a bigger plane to pick up his eventual hire.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N855FC

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 1m
VCU's Shaka Smart will not, despite recent speculation, be the next head coach of Marquette, a source has told @CBSSports. Story coming ...

Well if we don't get him, at least he is staying at VCU. Sucks but that's preferable over losing him to Marquette. Still holding out a sliver of hope, but it's fading.

If Shaka were to turn down nearly $3MM for a legit ACC job you really have to wonder about the endgame. There's at least a reasonable chance he overplays his hand betting on a continued run at VCU and never gets that elite job.

If Shaka truly wants to coach, and run a program where he makes an academic mark as well as on the court. If he truly wants that challenge. John Thompson at Georgetown type of academics. An elite private university like a Kenyon, a northwestern, a duke or a Stanford or vandy

Then wake forest is a tremendous opportunity both financially and vision wise, because wake shares that vision. Exceptions can be made but there has to be a desire to achieve academically. This is a great job for Shaka IF all of that about him is true.

If not ok, we explored it.

I'm going to continue my lunatic fringe speculation by saying I think negotiation is ongoing with Shaka. He's been the top target of two high profile coaching searches. If he was staying at VCU they would almost certainly release something definitive and likely quicker than we would finalize his deal and be able to announce.

If the ad is lurking here I am pretty sure they aren't using a way that we could track short of a plane from Richmond to Winston with shaka after he has inked the contract

If the ad is lurking here I am pretty sure they aren't using a way that we could track short of a plane from Richmond to Winston with shaka after he has inked the contract

They're going to use a private plane one way or another. All private planes can be tracked.

It does look like that's the only plane that Flow owns. I'm going to go through the rest of the BoT and see if I can track down some other planes.

Three hour drive? If I am ron I am driving to keep it quiet. Or having bzd drive me and earn his buyout money

dudes maybe i'm crazy, but that article READS like shaka is up to something

Solid work, everyone. Need to go to dinner but will be checking in of course.

Unity. Positivity. And solidarity.

Carry on.

They're going to use a private plane one way or another. All private planes can be tracked.

Suuuuuuure they can.

2cgy6ps.jpg

Back