• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

dudes maybe i'm crazy, but that article READS like shaka is up to something

Totally agree. I tried to read it as cynically as possible but the right statement is "shaka smart is committed to VCU".

That's all they could muster?

Ya, the only time a school has to announce they are going to stop pursuing a candidate is if the candidate is still interested in other schools. If not, VCU/Shaka would have made some sort of announcement, I'd imagine. That still might come shortly, but as of now looks like THE DOOR IS STILL OPEN.

So, there was a report about Shaka being in his office today, but no report about what he was doing in his office. Perfect time of year to clean it out, no?

#Believe

At this point we have to believe that unless something *could* happen, VCU and/or Shaka would come out and say he is committed.

If we were out of the running, there would be a report that we had moved on to other targets as well.

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Beware fake twitter accounts/info

My take here is that the guy is done on coming to wake and we are dotting Is and crossing Ts or we met all the tangible terms shaka needed and now he and his wife are thinking about the biggest professional decision he may ever make.

Ya, the only time a school has to announce they are going to stop pursuing a candidate is if the candidate is still interested in other schools. If not, VCU/Shaka would have made some sort of announcement, I'd imagine. That still might come shortly, but as of now looks like THE DOOR IS STILL OPEN.

This news moved me from a 54% up to a 62%. KenPoming this shit.

What is the view count now? Every living alumni has seen it 17 times?

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3m

VCU's Shaka Smart called Marquette today to inform them he won't take the job, sources confirmed to ESPN. First reported by @GaryParrishCBS

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 3m

VCU's Shaka Smart called Marquette today to inform them he won't take the job, sources confirmed to ESPN. First reported by @GaryParrishCBS

11087ShakaSmartSpeaker.jpg

I have to be in Greensboro for work tomorrow. I plan on heading over to WF for the press conference after

Back