• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I've now heard from three people that VCU has let Shaka know that their bball budget has been extended as far as it can go. They can't offer anymore than what they've committed to him, his staff, and the program that what is already in the works now.

Of course, VCU could have never competed with us on a strictly level playing field, but I think this news spins things slightly.
His talking to us is not a negotiating point to get more money from VCU on that information.

I'll creep my number up to a solid 66.66666666666666666666667%

I've also heard, but from only 2 people so less reliable, that Coach Rhodes took the Rice job because he wasn't guaranteed the VCU job if/when Shaka left.

Bird in the hand > 2 in the bush and all that.

Time for sleep. Can't wait to take up in the morning and do the same exact thing today, stay hopelessly glued to the boards. Gotta give F5 a rest.

VCU fans tomorrow:

Lee2.gif

I've now heard from three people that VCU has let Shaka know that their bball budget has been extended as far as it can go. They can't offer anymore than what they've committed to him, his staff, and the program that what is already in the works now.

Of course, VCU could have never competed with us on a strictly level playing field, but I think this news spins things slightly.
His talking to us is not a negotiating point to get more money from VCU on that information.

I'll creep my number up to a solid 66.66666666666666666666667%

I have third hand information that confirms this as well.

I've also heard, but from only 2 people so less reliable, that Coach Rhodes took the Rice job because he wasn't guaranteed the VCU job if/when Shaka left.

Good to hear. This is actually the element I've been most concerned about

Fuck I can't help but get my hopes up now. Damn you all if they are crushed yet again.

Can Shaka win a natty t at WFU? If he thinks the answer is "yes" then welcome Mr Smart. If the answer is no then he stays at VCU and waits for a bigger job.

I think this is key. He needs to trade in the next few years or else he is staying at VCU. But I think even he knows that VCU is going to get to be progressively less relevant in the super conference era.

So I think he is honing in on the best for for him LONG TERM while also making sure it's a winnable platform.

I feel confident about this bc I think it's very different than ucla whicH, while easier to win a natty at, doesn't have as much of a guarantee In terms of job stability.

My take is an 8.5

Where are these Richmond sources coming from with such detailed information on Shaka's discussions with VCU?

hmmm....

Tick Tock

Ill go to 6 just because I want to have it happen so much and I find it hard to believe someone would go through this entire process if he wasn't significantly to somewhat interested. Also I'd say its been a mostly good news day.

Also, he has left the program in a pretty good place. Is it unrealistic to think that they could land a Danny Manning/Mike White-type? Would certainly be a step up for them as a stepping stone to a major gig.

Also, he has left the program in a pretty good place. Is it unrealistic to think that they could land a Danny Manning/Mike White-type? Would certainly be a step up for them as a stepping stone to a major gig.

Some may disagree but i would take the VCU job over the BC job in a second.

#SCOOP

I am going to bed.

It appears the public is safe from my jacking off tonight.

the reason bad shit happens to us is because its a self fulfilling prophecy with all the angst we put out into the universe

buck up you nancies

shaka is coming. its #science

1. we're going to pay him a fuck ton of money
2. wake is a better school.
3. wake is in a better conference.
4. wake is a better job
4. vcu fans all breathe from their mouths
5. only a stupid person would turn that down
6. shaka is not stupid

#facts

Back