• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

BC's basketball history is closer to that of Wake than a VT.

but good lord, the lack of fan support they have is ridiculous.

if you think bc is that bad a of a job you can't think much of the wake job, either.

VCU fans tomorrow:

Lee2.gif

OMG I About spit my soda!

if you think bc is that bad a of a job you can't think much of the wake job, either.

The support doesn't exist at BC like it does at Wake. No one cares about their job opening because the fanbase is mostly apathetic when it comes to basketball.

The support doesn't exist at BC like it does at Wake. No one cares about their job opening because the fanbase is mostly apathetic when it comes to basketball.

We also have a much nicer and larger arena, a far more fertile recruiting area, and a legitimate NBA brand.

the reason bad shit happens to us is because its a self fulfilling prophecy with all the angst we put out into the universe

buck up you nancies

shaka is coming. its #science

1. we're going to pay him a fuck ton of money
2. wake is a better school.
3. wake is in a better conference.
4. wake is a better job
4. vcu fans all breathe from their mouths
5. only a stupid person would turn that down
6. shaka is not stupid

#facts

Hard to argue. Fuck all the "holding out for an elite job." As it has been stated this off-season is different than times past due to the evolution to the Big 5. No reason to stay put & hope to get that 5/12 matchup vs S A Austin next season. An "elite" job only has advantage in recruiting. I expect SS to have the confidence he can out recruit the big boys & the time to change is NOW.

BC doesn't have the tradition of Wake.
BC hasn't brought in elite recruits like Wake.
BC doesn't have proximity to elite recruits like Wake.
BC doesn't have great rivalries in the ACC like Wake.
BC isn't really a player in it's own media market like Wake.

You can't just look at the college basketball landscape and say two small private schools are similar jobs.

Reactions: Ayo

obviously we are a far better job, but a lot of the negatives with bc are because of how bad they've been lately. they were a solid program for a long time and have that acc money.

Hard to argue. Fuck all the "holding out for an elite job." As it has been stated this off-season is different than times past due to the evolution to the Big 5. No reason to stay put & hope to get that 5/12 matchup vs S A Austin next season. An "elite" job only has advantage in recruiting. I expect SS to have the confidence he can out recruit the big boys & the time to change is NOW.

Come to Wake Shaka and MAKE your OWN ELITE Job! BRING IT!

They called out dv7 on the VCU boards, hold him back

Basketball is the 3rd sport at BC. You're in a terrible recruiting spot. The fan support is awful. You don't really have much of an NBA brand. That job sucks.

I've now heard from three people that VCU has let Shaka know that their bball budget has been extended as far as it can go. They can't offer anymore than what they've committed to him, his staff, and the program that what is already in the works now.

To+think+that+same+guy+was+in+Dumb+and+Dumber+_a59d7386eecfca3688b4ec192b7ba374.gif

Back