• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I think this guy on the VCU board makes a good point: "I'm sure Wake approached Shaka, but Shaka's recruits and their coaches said he had informed them he was staying. Shaka would not burn bridges with recruits, but more importantly their coaches! You lose the trust of AAU/HS coaches, you lose the opportunity to recruit their players"

tumblr-mxa87ajm3y1smcbm7o1-500.gif

Listen guys, no more making fun of VCU fans, or negative nancy crap (I'm looking at you BSF). Only good VIBES from here on out. FEEEL IT.

I think this guy on the VCU board makes a good point: "I'm sure Wake approached Shaka, but Shaka's recruits and their coaches said he had informed them he was staying. Shaka would not burn bridges with recruits, but more importantly their coaches! You lose the trust of AAU/HS coaches, you lose the opportunity to recruit their players"

5 words: "They made a better offer."

Name me one coach (or recruit, for that matter) that would hold it against him. They aren't dumb. They know how this works.

Two articles are posted on TD.com with similar titles and content - AD says coach Shaka Smart "committed to VCU" and VCU AD believes Smart here to stay. The former is time stamped as of Thursday evening while the latter was time stamped on Sunday with a refresh on Thursday evening. If you check Tim's (author) Twitter feed you will see the article posted Thursday evening is new and not a re-post.

Yes, I am finally posting. I figured I owed you guys for unbanning me earlier today.

td.com is a banking website.

Two articles are posted on TD.com with similar titles and content - AD says coach Shaka Smart "committed to VCU" and VCU AD believes Smart here to stay. The former is time stamped as of Thursday evening while the latter was time stamped on Sunday with a refresh on Thursday evening. If you check Tim's (author) Twitter feed you will see the article posted Thursday evening is new and not a re-post.

Yes, I am finally posting. I figured I owed you guys for unbanning me earlier today.

Good man.

A friend from the English Department at WFU just informed me that they have reached out to Maya Payne (Shaka's wife) about potential openings. I know she is an author, but do you think this could be a parallel meeting to Shaka's in Winston? Or maybe its purely coincidental? Any info you have would be much appreciated.

He's talking about the Times-Dispatch

Then he should have provided a link.

It's strange that they're putting so much stock in a boss saying his employee isn't considering other job offers.

A friend from the English Department at WFU just informed me that they have reached out to Maya Payne (Shaka's wife) about potential openings. I know she is an author, but do you think this could be a parallel meeting to Shaka's in Winston? Or maybe its purely coincidental? Any info you have would be much appreciated.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Troll job. Ignore.

Back