• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Those are fighting words

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have actually recently been surprised at how widespread this view is. I have had a number of friends/colleagues say to me their kids are trying to decide btwn wake and Richmond and I immediately ask if it's an athletics or financial aid issue bc otherwise it's a no brainer. And to which they often reply "no brainer which way?"

I have actually recently been surprised at how widespread this view is. I have had a number of friends/colleagues say to me their kids are trying to decide btwn wake and Richmond and I immediately ask if it's an athletics or financial aid issue bc otherwise it's a no brainer. And to which they often reply "no brainer which way?"

If they don't know the difference then they don't deserve to come here

" NEXT!"

Do you think if we all agreed to a suicide pact if Shaka doesn't come to Wake it may make a difference in his decision making? Cause I'm in. IT IS THAT IMPORTANT. Shaka, do you want BLOOD on your hands?

Do you think if we all agreed to a suicide pact if Shaka doesn't come to Wake it may make a difference in his decision making? Cause I'm in. IT IS THAT IMPORTANT. Shaka, do you want BLOOD on your hands?

How bout we save that for Tuesday if we don't hear anything by then. Lol

While UR is a very good school, Wake is clearly better. That said, I'm not sure how that applies to VCU since it's basically a glorified community college.

Take a moment to remember those big games in the Joel when Skip was coach. EVERY seat was filled, the noise was deafening, the atmosphere electric. (And Nasty was dancing in the aisle, but I digress...)

That's what I want again for Wake. We have suffered mightily since that time, enduring one blow after another.

IT'S TIME for something good to happen at Wake.

Come on, Shaka. Wake is a special, special place and we want you to recapture the glory days! Build yourself an empire like no other! You will be beloved. Let go...follow the light....

PFrIrIq.png

Today is a day!

Jesus this thread has more pure garbage per line than your average Ke$ha song.

While UR is a very good school, Wake is clearly better. That said, I'm not sure how that applies to VCU since it's basically a glorified community college.

VCU is a city school without a discernible campus. But it's not a bad school at all, and it's certainly no glorified community college. I've never seen community colleges with teaching hospitals and great art programs.

Would love it if we could move on from the tie dyes and come up with something else. Feel like a completely fresh start would be great.

VCU is a city school without a discernible campus. But it's not a bad school at all, and it's certainly no glorified community college. I've never seen community colleges with teaching hospitals and great art programs.

In my graduating class of 210 from a high school an hour away, I know 1 person that went to VCU and it was his only option.

FWIW, I am at a 1... had topped out at a 3 on Wednesday night.

I hope I am wrong... I'm OK w/ the fact that it has been relatively quiet; that's the way Wellman operates... I just don't see why our attempt to lure Smart away from VCU is any different than past attempts by other schools. I think he has a short list, and I have my doubts we're on it.

But nothing but positive vibes today... hoping for some great news.

FWIW, I am at a 1... had topped out at a 3 on Wednesday night.

I hope I am wrong... I'm OK w/ the fact that it has been relatively quiet; that's the way Wellman operates... I just don't see why our attempt to lure Smart away from VCU is any different than past attempts by other schools. I think he has a short list, and I have my doubts we're on it.

But nothing but positive vibes today... hoping for some great news.

It's also possible that he realized you can't be the hot mid major coach forever and is suddenly more open to listening to an ACC school paying him nearly $3MM/year.

Other than NCSU has any other ACC team offered Shaka? Agree with idea that maybe big money in a big conference is starting to look more attractive.

Back