• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

He has publicly stated it numerous times in the years he has been here. I guess the fact that he has stayed here and turned down offers from UCLA and NCSU speaks for itself. I want Shaka to come to WF. Saying that VCU and Richmond are not as good as WF and Richmond are value statements in your mind not his.

Cool, so you basically don't know anything and are just inferring things. Great, thanks for coming.

Despite garnering interest from high-major basketball programs -- including UCLA and Minnesota -- Smart has agreed to a contract extension at VCU, the school confirmed Wednesday night.
--------

It's Friday morning.

Last year, VCU lost on Saturday and an agreement was announced on Wednesday.

This year, VCU lost on Friday and as of Thursday night, no agreement announced.

It's taken almost a week to do something that only took four days last year.

VCU fans aren't worried that this is stretching out longer than last year?

One thing is for sure: PhRam is flipping out right now.

I mean...it's fucking Richmond. I get that W-S is not a place of great culture and excitement. But for the gajillions of dollars we are going to pay him he could keep a house in Richmond and make the 3 hour drive there whenever he wants in a new Ferrari. Hell let him spend all summer there.

He has publicly stated it numerous times in the years he has been here. I guess the fact that he has stayed here and turned down offers from UCLA and NCSU speaks for itself. I want Shaka to come to WF. Saying that VCU and Richmond are not as good as WF and Richmond are value statements in your mind not his.

I feel like Winston and Richmond are somewhat similar. Richmond closer to the beaches. Winston less crime.

ChrisPaul3, have you thought about settling this Richmond vs Winston-Salem debate with an American Cities Fantasy League? I wonder where Richmond would be drafted vis-a-vis Winston in a 12-team mixed east coast/west coast league. Maybe a 17th rounder?

:willynilly:

2901EWS.gif

May be wishful thinking, but am kind of hoping that Archie's run to the Elite 8 will cement for Shaka that he won't always be the hot mid-major candidate du jour and that at any given March, some other hot up-and-comer could make a name for himself and get hired by the Wakes and Marquettes of the world instead of him. IOW, you never know when your shot at a high-major may pass due to someone else stealing your spotlight.

It doesn't really matter whether any of us like VCU or Richmond. Shaka does. I have lived here for a long time and I went to WF. Richmond is a great city and VCU is a fine university. The people who say otherwise haven't lived here and don't know.

You are correct.

ChrisPaul3, have you thought about settling this Richmond vs Winston-Salem debate with an American Cities Fantasy League? I wonder where Richmond would be drafted vis-a-vis Winston in a 12-team mixed east coast/west coast league. Maybe a 17th rounder?

It'd be tough. You'd definitely get extra points for both present-day capital cities and all that historical Civil War bullshit, so Richmond would be valuable there. But here's the thing that people forget: Nothing is cooler than cigarettes. No matter how many commercials they show me with some creepo lady talking out of her neck, I still know the truth. James fucking Dean knew what he was doing, ok? And guess what city is synonymous with cigarettes? You know it, bro: The fucking Hyphen. Mid-round steal, for sure.

By the way, the question isn't whether you'd rather live in Winston than in Richmond. It's whether you'd rather live in Winston earning double the salary and at the highest level of your profession.

So some clown on Twitter was ripping Wake fans for being "convinced they have their choice of Archie or Shaka." I called him out on it, and he says "OGBoards disagrees with you." Don't know what that dumbass (@TerraFeesh) thinks he's reading, but I haven't seen anyone on here who thinks that Shaka is ours if we want him.

Since this is the coaching search thread and not just the Shaka thread, do we think that if we offered Archie somewhere just south of 2MM he'd tell us no? Obviously a fall back which works well considering he's still playing and we should know Shaka's answer in the next 24 hours. But if we are going to ignore MIKE WHITE like a bunch of donks, Archie would be cool with me.

richmond is clearly a better city than winston-salem, but let's not make it out to be some badass place like nyc or san fran

BTW, Richmond is home of the largest cigarette maker - Phillip Morris. So it smells like tobacco on rainy days there too.

Back