• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Us....
The+Bourne+Supremacy+2.jpg

Ron....
The+Bourne+Supremacy+1.jpg

I can't get any work done because every time I click to the next page of this thread there's already another full page I haven't read.

Tell me more about this airplane thingy.

Does it have a stewardess?

ecfb9c55-91ff-40c0-ba9a-22d6a46f4c65_britneygif4.gif

brit-toxic.gif

Exactly. That's why he doesn't want it public that we're talking to Shaka and probably Marshall and Howland. If we end up with a lower tier candidate, he doesn't want to acknowledge which ones turned him down and possibly why.

Not sure I understand the logic behind that. SS turned down UCLA and a handful of other good schools. It's not embarrassing and it sends a message to Wake fans and the college landscape that we're not f*cking around. Again, this all goes back to competing. No more culture excuses, no more trying to be cute. Deliver or get lost. For the record, I'll forgive the last four years if RW delivers Shaka. That's a game changer even if we never make a final four.

Not sure I understand the logic behind that. SS turned down UCLA and a handful of other good schools. It's not embarrassing and it sends a message to Wake fans and the college landscape that we're not f*cking around. Again, this all goes back to competing. No more culture excuses, no more trying to be cute. Deliver or get lost. For the record, I'll forgive the last four years if RW delivers Shaka. That's a game changer even if we never make a final four.

It's not about logic. It's about Ron Wellman's m.o. Ph is right.

Is that stewardess gif supposed to be metaphorical representation of Wake fans since that guy seems to have half a chub before she butt-frisks him??

Come on Shaka, bring the chub!!

It's not about logic. It's about Ron Wellman's m.o. Ph is right.

Yea. The more I think about it I don't think Smart or VCU will release any more statements at all. There's nothing to announce; no one's actually reported that we've even offered him the job, VCU has already said he's "committed" to them, so why would Shaka have to say anything else? The next and only piece of actual "news" I'd expect to hear reported from anyone -- candidate, school, agent, or otherwise -- is from Wake announcing a PC at which we'll announce our new hire.

Back