• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

You know, if we can fundraise a million dollars for a Brinks truck, why don't we fundraise a few hundred dollars to hire a Private Eye to keep tabs on Wellman and Co.?

I think we end up with a good hire. Whether the fanbase buys into the hire being good is another thing (some of y'all Archie haters need to start watching college basketball), but I don't think we have to worry about a Mooney, Lonerdonk, or Turner caliber hire. There are simply too many talented coaches on the board right now without jobs or looking to take the next step up.

Whether Shaka is better than Archie is kind of beside the point.

Shaka would objectively and easily be the best hire in the modern era of Wake sports. He's also the guy with the most potential, proven results, and charisma, so I think that's why he's most folks's #1 option.

Do I think there are a few guys who could make as much impact, perhaps more, at the college level? For sure. Archie and White, IMO, are capable of that kind of success at the next level.

Well if we take the Deaclite info at face value one would think Natty O is the closer. I really wouldn't want him in there to talk basketball.

Selling the vision of a Wake Forest future ? That he can do just look at how much cash he brings in.

SHAKA SHAKA SHAKA

If Nate really did have a 4pm meeting today with a candidate, I assume it wouldn't have occurred on campus otherwise we would've heard candidate "sightings," right?

New name.

Charles%20Barkleyx-inset-community.jpg

And...

If Hatch is meeting with a "candidate" we can assume that is the absolute main target. No way you bring in Natty O to talk to one of a few (pardon the pun). Right?

these UNLV fans need to get off of twitter, good grief

Yeah IF ( and thats a big if) this meeting is or has taken place I would say that can only be a positive thing right ?

Flight landed at 340. Mtng at 4 would likely be off campus or maybe even at Gso.

When we raided the big east (first time) the big east ads met at the Newark airport business center to avoid being seen. They all flew in and flew out.

A Wake guy with a Teachey avatar would never mislead on purpose.

Back