• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Yea the only thing that bothers me about the whole "weekend to think about it" think is that we are potentially wasting time waiting. Hopefully it is a serious consideration and he is not taking the full weekend of time just because he can. I would hope if he was going to flat out say "no" he would have done so a day or two ago so we could move forward.

If in fact he is giving serious consideration, I would think that involves serious due diligence on Shaka's part and maybe even a surreptitious tour of the swanky Buena Vista homes nearby. Just give him a membership to Old Town CC, free Biscuitville whenever he wants and monthly tea at Maya Angelou's fir his wife and seal the deal!!

GUYS, LIFE SUPPORT IS ALL WE NEED

Here's what I need everyone to do

Stand up right now, chest out, straight back, butt muscles clenched
Big breathe through the nose, deep exhale out the mouth; do this 5 times with your eyes closed and picturing Shaka Smart as our new coach
After the 5th exhale, say out loud with conviction "Shaka Smart will be our new mother fucking coach and he's going to destroy the rest of the ACC and make us good again"

Yea the only thing that bothers me about the whole "weekend to think about it" think is that we are potentially wasting time waiting. Hopefully it is a serious consideration and he is not taking the full weekend of time just because he can. I would hope if he was going to flat out say "no" he would have done so a day or two ago so we could move forward.

It has to be serious or it would have been rejected already. My take is there are a lot to consider outside the move. Salary, buy out, length, escalators and how realistic they might be, etc. The fact we haven't heard is promising. If we don't have a deal by tomorrow I would expect we move on....

GUYS, LIFE SUPPORT IS ALL WE NEED

Here's what I need everyone to do

Stand up right now, chest out, straight back, butt muscles clenched
Big breathe through the nose, deep exhale out the mouth; do this 5 times with your eyes closed and picturing Shaka Smart as our new coach
After the 5th exhale, say out loud with conviction "Shaka Smart will be our new mother fucking coach and he's going to destroy the rest of the ACC and make us good again"

If in fact he is giving serious consideration, I would think that involves serious due diligence on Shaka's part and maybe even a surreptitious tour of the swanky Buena Vista homes nearby. Just give him a membership to Old Town CC, free Biscuitville whenever he wants and monthly tea at Maya Angelou's fir his wife and seal the deal!!

Free Biscuitville should be enough to seal the deal on it's own.

If Smart is taking the weekend, it's not like Wellman is just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. He is likely having ongoing discussions with a handful of other candidates.

I doubt information will just trickle out. If Shaka is a done deal, someone will text somebody "we got 'em" and the info will snowball from there.

Cue the "One does not simply mostly speculate" meme.

If Smart is taking the weekend, it's not like Wellman is just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. He is likely having ongoing discussions with a handful of other candidates.

He is ENJOYING his Taco Bell breakfast

FYC is correct. Most recent rolling 4 year score was 942 which would have included 2008-2009 (Johnson/Teague year) to 2011-2012 seasons (year TC/Carson transferred). Scores should only improve from here as 2009 rolls off, so I don't foresee having any APR problems going forward. I worry about things regarding our basketball program, but this isn't one of them.
+1......but there's something really disturbing about the APR issue even being raised...given all the academic fraud going on over at UNC.

Back