• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

200.gif

Welcome to the middle, Wake. We as State fans have been through two coaching searches being drug through the mud to get a coach in basketball. At least Wellman has curbed the public rejections, but this is what happens when you have a weak AD. We had Lee Fowler (inept) and Debbie Yow (business bitch) throwing emotion into the deal, and as college basketball is these days, you need a strong hand.

"It's going very well!"
"Oh Heavens yes!"

The man can blow some smoke up your skirt.

Landing Manning is like picking an average looking chick up at a bar. Sure you might get laid, but you'll be the one fucked if you get her pregnant.

If this was right after Dino leaving I might be alright with the Manning selection. However, given the intentional leaking of high expectations and the supposed money and influential people involved outside of Wellman I just think they would have to defend Manning's qualifications too much. Now they had to do the same thing with Bzz to a certain extent but it seems foolish to take that TYPE of risk again.

Get a guy with an extensive resume, past off season sucess, and a good recruiter.

Maybe Ron is just setting another floor 1) Shaka, Marshall Wright 2) Archie 3) Mack 4) Manning

OK, but comparing him to the Manhattan coach and Levelle Morton?

Danny Manning has lots of positives. I will at least give him a chance. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was successful here.

Is it really that different?

Masiello was Pitino's #2.

LeVelle will be an elite recruiter.

Manning will be a solid hire for Wake Forest and a huge step forward in rebuilding its program, Look for Manning to retain Randolph Childress from our current staff. While not Shaka Smart or Archie Miller, Manning has plenty of upside and ties to the Piedmont Triad. He also has instant street cred and should recruit very well.

Manning still though may be a smoke screen as Wellman tries to pry loose Archie Miller. Miller has to decide if he wants to set up his own dynasty at Wake Forest or hold out for the NC State job when Gottfried burns out. Assuming we cannot get Smart, Miller or Manning each would be a solid hire for Wake Forest and in my opinion each better than Mack

With the complete lack of leaks thus far and RW playing everything close to the vest, I feel like this had to come from Manning's people. Doesn't do any good for Wake to leak this but would help Manning raise his profile.

Back