• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I didn't say they don't care about facts. Facts are subordinate to profit & generating views/clicks. Find an article that doesn't speculate--there is so much pressure in the 24/7 media cycle for new content. The quality suffers and sadly, the readers don't know any better.

That's just not true. The 24/7 news cycle does lead to more mistakes and a greater emphasis on immediacy, but to paint with a broad brush and say that revenue trumps accuracy for all news outlets is just not the case. In fact, the demise of traditional media can be linked to a stubborn adherence to the contrary. Sorry.

Are millennials insane?

That was all bullshit trolling

Townie? Really?

hahaha i know it was moon

i'm saying you can't expect people to take you seriously

you've cried wolf far too many times the past 4 years

That's basically what has been happening the last 24 hours. Do you think Wake would let a low tier candidate do what Manning has been doing without a word to Dan that it's not serious?

Yeah, good point. However I can't imagine that Wellman is content with this contract talk becoming public. Or, are you saying that Wellman is preparing us for another lesser hire/not Manning but comparable?

That's just not true. The 24/7 news cycle does lead to more mistakes and a greater emphasis on immediacy, but to paint with a broad brush and say that revenue trumps accuracy for all news outlets is just not the case. In fact, the demise of traditional media can be linked to a stubborn adherence to the contrary. Sorry.

You sound like a perfect candidate for the chair of the journalism school. Can your spouse coach basketball?

Irish/LK - how many new poster applications have we received in the past two weeks?

Ron owes Bill Self a solid - this was all planned to get Manning a raise and a smokescreen for Wellman.

It's not all that hard to get in and out of a town without anyone knowing it.

Random note. Gene Bartow would have been a heck of a hire instead of Odom just based on his record.

Manning could dunk on every coach in the ACC!

Great...if there's a Coaches' Skills competition the week of the ACC Tournament at least Wake will have a chance.....:D Seeing him post up on Coach K might be worth something though.....

Back