• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

He did in fact drive it the summer that he moved here, not sure if he kept it in his garage or his wife took it over. He then went to a bluetec S class for the last few years.

His daughter drove the Prius

Charlie Hannema ‏@CharlieHannema 1m
Source tells @NewsOn6 sports: TU offered Danny Manning $1.2 million salary, raises for assistants and "improved travel." #TulsaMBB

Wake, after Manning tells them that he's ready for the official announcement (after he's met with his players and AD). Tulsa won't announce the hiring of the Wake basketball coach.

no but a player might tweet that their coach is gone. a booster might tell a friend. an AD worker might be an "unnamed source" for ESPN.

Wake, after Manning tells them that he's ready for the official announcement (after he's met with his players and AD). Tulsa won't announce the hiring of the Wake basketball coach.

Of course not; but they will have to do a search for Manning's replacement. I would not think that they will do that without publicly announcing their vacancy.

I thought I saw that Tulsa has never offered a coach more than 1M per. 1.2 shows Tulsa really wants to keep him.

Looks like it was a 40 minute originally scheduled gap. I bet they're dropping family off and heading to the Final Four.

I guess there won't be any team meeting then.

Just because the flight plan has been filed doesn't mean they can't change it. Also, looking at the weather and the squall line that just popped up in Eastern OK/NW Arkansas, I wouldn't be surprised if the flight gets diverted. Maybe it'll be diverted here to Little Rock ...

Why are you guys so cynical? Nobody knows who leaked what? Secondly, it is his first time playing this game. It is not like this is something you get to practice. It is more realistic to think we first leaked his name as a trial balloon or that it got out as we were vetting him as a candidate. At that point he would need to tell his bosses at Tulsa that was going to talk to us.

You don't understand why a mostly white, male, not-so-young, upper-middle-class, conservative, southern group of people would fixate on a Toyota Prius?

no, not really

genuinely don't get it

not to mention, as tons of people have repeatedly said, it wasn't his

Any possible way Manning and Wellman colluding and using each other. Manning to get better contract at Tulsa and Wellman for negotiating power as he heads to final four to talk to real candidate.

Eta: looks like this is already being discussed somewhat.

no but a player might tweet that their coach is gone. a booster might tell a friend. an AD worker might be an "unnamed source" for ESPN.

Exactly, and that's when WFU will fire off a press release naming him the new coach and announcing a press conference next week.

Charlie Hannema ‏@CharlieHannema 1m
Source tells @NewsOn6 sports: TU offered Danny Manning $1.2 million salary, raises for assistants and "improved travel." #TulsaMBB

Jesus christ. I am going to vom if we wind up paying Dann7 Manning 1.8-2 million dollars.

Can't believe we are fighting it out with Tulsa for a coach.

Back