• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Jeff Teague Podcast Thread: Interview with Ish Smith

Because the Rockets were a better fit for his pace. Absolutely ridiculous decision but it worked out.

HOF Joe Dumars called him and offered him a 2-year deal to play for a team whose PGs were Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum and he turned it down to maybe get a shot behind Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. He was on 4 different teams in his first 2 years. And ironically his longest stretch with one team was with the Pistons.

Because the Rockets were a better fit for his pace. Absolutely ridiculous decision but it worked out.

HOF Joe Dumars called him and offered him a 2-year deal to play for a team whose PGs were Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum and he turned it down to maybe get a shot behind Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. He was on 4 different teams in his first 2 years. And ironically his longest stretch with one team was with the Pistons.
Bonkers.

Right but saying that to Harv was not a positive reflection on what kind of teammate JJ was. (Caveat: This is all second hand info per the pod).
I mean the kid just lost in the NCAA tournament. We all process things differently. Harv was crying. JJ was likely pissed. I still like this entire team better than any one we’ve had since- and it’s not even close.

I mean the kid just lost in the NCAA tournament. We all process things differently. Harv was crying. JJ was likely pissed. I still like this entire team better than any one we’ve had since- and it’s not even close.
My impression was JJ didn’t care. At all.

My impression was JJ didn’t care. At all.
I have a crazy HS friend who trained JJ (look up
Rob McClanaghan and go down the rabbit hole) and he always told me that JJ was pissed that he didn’t go farther but was a complicated guy.

I have a crazy HS friend who trained JJ (look up
Rob McClanaghan and go down the rabbit hole) and he always told me that JJ was pissed that he didn’t go farther but was a complicated guy.
Fair enough. My recollection of the pod was that be told Harv that he (JJ) was going to the league. I could be misremembering.

I also recall seeing he and Teague mugging behind the broadcast crew at the final four without a care in the world. That pissed me off too.

Fair enough. My recollection of the pod was that be told Harv that he (JJ) was going to the league. I could be misremembering.

I also recall seeing he and Teague mugging behind the broadcast crew at the final four without a care in the world. That pissed me off too.
Recollection was right. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt bc I want to relive good times and think the best of good players.

I wonder which college visit this was.

JJ’s martial arts background probably also influenced how he responded in certain situations. That person is going to be more stoic and not show weakness/emotion.

I wonder which college visit this was.

hmmm... his other p5 offers were...

Boston College - coach was Al Skinner
Indiana - recruiting could have been Mike Davis or Kelvin Sampson
USC - coach was Tim Floyd
Purdue - coach was a (new) Matt Painter

Other offers:
Xavier
Bowling Green
Dayton
Southern Illinois

Easy guess is USC and Tim Floyd