• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Meltdown thread

Apparently we shouldn't

Mitchell and Thompson shared PF. Moore, Sarr and SJM played center. Brown and Eggleston at SF. Decent size at all three front court positions. Win the boards. Defend the rim. Win the game. Whether it happens tomorrow is the question.

This. Or even have Sarr occasionally at PF with Moore/SJM at Center. Mitchell/Melo at SF. Brown at SG with Craw at PG. Sarr and Mitchell both move very well. And having Sarr as PF may take some of his weight disadvantage away against a true C.

I don't understand the fascination here for SJM. Look at the stat line, he played 9 minutes and his stat line was 1 rebound and 2 PF, that's it. Okeke played 2 minutes and also had 1 rebound, what are some of you seeing that makes you think SJM is able to play for us and accomplish anything?

I don't understand the fascination here for SJM. Look at the stat line, he played 9 minutes and his stat line was 1 rebound and 2 PF, that's it. Okeke played 2 minutes and also had 1 rebound, what are some of you seeing that makes you think SJM is able to play for us and accomplish anything?

Because there were good vibes around him during the early offseason.

He's a tall body that can sub for Doral, unless you think Doral can play 40 minutes. But I also think Okeke should get more minutes, but likely at the PF position.

The other part of this equation is we have an outstanding 2018 class signed.

That is a totally moot point because Manning has absolutely no clue on how to coach and develop that talent. He was promoted to head coach at a major basketball conference before he was ready. But it made Hatch and the BOT feel good.

Yeah SJM is less talented than any of our other bigs, including Okeke. I think the minutes are shaking out about the way they should. We just need to rebound the bell and close out on the 3 point shooter. Lot of work to do but we will be OK. NIT bound. I fully anticipate a top 25 team next season.

I don't hate Coach Manning like I vehemently hated REDACTED, but the guy clearly is not ready to be a big time coach.

Wellman and Co. put Manning in a tough spot trying to basically build up a program from a scorched Earth (that Wellman and Co. created, mind you...) and Manning isn't shitting all over his players like the last coach did, so credit there for being a decent human being.

HOWEVA! The guy is just simply not a good enough coach right now in his career for this kind of job. We caught lightning in a bottle last season and still only made the "first 4." This isn't good enough.

And I still don't care enough about Wake basketball to really have a meltdown. I'm numb to this utter shit program sucking now. I'm just numb to the losses. It's annoying, it's perturbing, and it's frustrating... but I don't get angry after losses anymore.

Ron Wellman killed my passion for Wake Forest basketball. That's some feat considering I was a die hard fan since 1989 when my family first moved to the area until REDACTED came back for a 4th season. My friends from growing up don't even text to talk shit about Wake bball losses anymore. We are now truly irrelevant.
The problem isn’t Wellman. It’s his boss.

The problem isn’t Wellman. It’s his boss.

If this were actually true and Wellman were a stand up guy that bleeds black and gold, his only option would be to resign and expose his boss.

Most likely it is an amicable partnership.

Analytics versus eye-ball test: KenPom has Wake at #69 this morning. Who ya gonna believe?

We are now at #74 after our first win. That puts us 23 places ahead of the undefeated Wolfpack. Sounds about right.

Hatch shares blame. However, wellman told us all we needed to know about his character and decision making during the [Redacted] debacle. He blamed everyone, including kids, while accepting no responibility.

Still #WellmanOut. Hatch can go too.

I haven't seen a minute of this shit show, but don't need to. The box score says it all. There is simply no excuse. One thing I've heard said is that you have to go big against mid majors. I agree. We are getting pummeled on the boards, play no defense and jack up too many 3s.

This is about to panic mode.

Who is salvageable out of this mess. DM has got to get control of the situation.

I haven't seen a minute of this shit show, but don't need to. The box score says it all. There is simply no excuse. One thing I've heard said is that you have to go big against mid majors. I agree. We are getting pummeled on the boards, play no defense and jack up too many 3s.

This is about to panic mode.

Who is salvageable out of this mess. DM has got to get control of the situation.
Manning never panics. To a fault.

The other 14 ACC teams combined record has the same number of losses (4) as Wake Forest.

Unreal.

We played and lost again today? LOL

Are we going to start 1-6? How is Illinois this year? Do they still suck?

I have been watching the Deacs since 1984. I have never seen a calendar day when the football season was still going and the basketball season was effectively over.

I'm 99% sure this is the first thing you've ever said that i agree with.

Can we all now collectively agree that blogger so dear doesn’t know anything about college basketball?

Didn’t even really care that we lost today. Season is already over.

Back