• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NBA 2014-15 Season Thread: Dubs win Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hand doctor with 40 years of experience said he's never seen anything like it before. During the game, they said it was like carpel tunnel and Kawhi couldn't grip the ball and it was a pain tolerance issue.

Torn ligament. Pop says the docs don't think he can make it worse by playing.
It's a pain and movement issue. Time undetermined.
Ph may know more than I do.

Last edited:
So whats the best place Kevin Love can land if he decides not to re-up with the Cavs? Gotta presume he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Kobe, but maybe he does for a year. Has gotta be Toronto or Atlanta, right?

So whats the best place Kevin Love can land if he decides not to re-up with the Cavs? Gotta presume he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Kobe, but maybe he does for a year. Has gotta be Toronto or Atlanta, right?

Gotta be Charlotte I think.

Not sure the Spurs have the space to go for Love if they have to pay Kawhi next year, even if Duncan and Manu retire.

i'm glad Dwyane Wade put away the walker for one night to ruin Cleveland's xmas

Not sure the Spurs have the space to go for Love if they have to pay Kawhi next year, even if Duncan and Manu retire.

I believe they will only have a couple players under contract at that point. Everyone but Parker, presumably Kawaii, splitter?? They could likely make room for another max. Doubt it ends up Love. Too bad it won't be m gasol. That would be great fit for the spurs.

Agreed. The Spurs have the option to go in a completely new direction or gear up for another run. I'd be curious what kind of coin Danny Green could command on the open market. He strikes me as the type of player a team with #capspace would overpay for.

I believe they will only have a couple players under contract at that point. Everyone but Parker, presumably Kawaii, splitter?? They could likely make room for another max. Doubt it ends up Love. Too bad it won't be m gasol. That would be great fit for the spurs.

Splitter, Patty Mills and Diaw all have long-term deals, in addition to Parker and Kawhi. Those 5 should prevent them from making a long-term Love offer unless they traded someone, which they could since all the deals are reasonably priced.

Duncan's numbers haven't changed a lick, and he's got the 15th highest PER in the league. I think they keep the train rolling a few more seasons and bring the band back together. He's gotta earn that post-divorce paper. Heck he's playing more minutes this year than he has in the past 5.

Duncan has a good thing going. He could drop his salary to make room for an elite big and plan to play 50 games a season and pour it on in the playoffs. As long as he's healthy and happy with his schedule with his kids and hot girlfriend, why not keep it going? Parker is still an elite PG. Kawhi could be the next big thing. The front office knows how to build championship teams.

Splitter, Patty Mills and Diaw all have long-term deals, in addition to Parker and Kawhi. Those 5 should prevent them from making a long-term Love offer unless they traded someone, which they could since all the deals are reasonably priced.

Kawhi is in the last year of his rookie deal. They specifically didn't renew so they will have max space this off season (or near max maybe). Then they'll resign Kawhi.

If Golden State could get rid of Lee's expiring contract, I think they would have space to sign Love. West coast guy, wouldn't have to bang down low with Bogut around, could be a nice landing spot.

Kawhi is in the last year of his rookie deal. They specifically didn't renew so they will have max space this off season (or near max maybe). Then they'll resign Kawhi.

you're right, forgot about that. Lamarcus aldridge or Kevin Love will make them absurd.

If Golden State could get rid of Lee's expiring contract, I think they would have space to sign Love. West coast guy, wouldn't have to bang down low with Bogut around, could be a nice landing spot.

GS can't get there even if they got rid of Lee. They'd have to rid of Lee and Iguodala. They paid Klay already, too many big contracts (iggy, steph, klay, bogut)

Houston's got the makings of a pretty good defensive team sans Harden. Beverly, Ariza, Howard and Smoove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back