• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFC East Thread

PhillyDeac

Reaction score
It's that time of year again.... time for some good ole fashioned HITTING! Whats your thoughts in general on the division, your favorite team, any Fantasy Football advice?

GO!

I think the eagles will get to 10 wins. I think Chris Collinsworth is smoking some good stuff by pointing the eagles to the superbowl. They aren't there yet.
I think the Eli bounces back this year, but that's about it for the Giants
I think the Redskins bounce back as a team, and will contend for the division.

Fantasy Advice from Eagles perspective: Zach Ertz will be a nice 10th round pick up, and Chris Polk in the early teens(round) is solid. If McCoy gets hurt, he will get the carries, not Sproles

Eagles defense will get sacks and keep teams off the board relatively well for a late draft pick.

The most interesting thing about the NFCE is that they play the NFCW this year. In those 16 games, the NFCW will go something like 14-2. Philly wins this division hands down with 9-10 wins. (And I gotta say I enjoyed having McCoy and Jackson on both my fantasy teams last year.) Nobody else in the division plays any defense, and the Giants have a questionable OL to boot. Dallas, Washington and NYG each get 5-7 wins. And Jerruh fires Garrett because of course Garrett is the problem, not the front office that has brought in precious little talent to accompany Romo and Bryant.

I forgot about dallas. They will continue to play the worst defense in the NFL.

did you notice, in the first 2 drives of their first game, they gave up almost 180 yards...not that preseason counts for shit, I just thought that was funny.

The Giants defense should be much improved over last year, IMO. The secondary leaked worse than a gangbanged whore, but they've tightened it up significantly with the additions of DRC and Walter Thurman to pair with Prince, plus the return of Stevie Brown at safety. The LBs, which were atrocious at the beginning of last season, should also be much improved with Beason there for hopefully the whole season and McClain added. D-Line loses Tuck, but JPP appears to be healthy again, which he was not at any point last year.
On offense, Nicks is gone but stunk when he played last season anyway. Cruz and Randle will be the starting WRs with Odell Beckham and preseason/camp star Corey Washington getting some PT. RBs should be significatnly upgraded in terms of production with Jennings and Andre Williams instead of the oft-injured David Wilson and Andre Brown combo. The biggest improvement may be on the OL, which was completely overhauled via free agency and the draft, combined with a new OC who (allegedly) will be running more of a west coast offense and not threatening delay of game on every snap.
They are significantly better than Dallas or Washington, so should battle with Philly for the division.

2&2, sounds optimistic. How is the OL looking? To me, that's the big thing. Folks kept complaining how Eli had backtracked last year. It was the same with Flacco last year and Rivers the 2 years before that. Accurate and strong armed QBs who are immobile can't throw from their backs. If Eli is protected and has a running game, the Gmen will put up plenty of points this year (and everyone will talk about how great Eli is again). And I do like your RBs - but too bad about Wilson - seemed like a good kid. But I'm not as optimistic about your D. I'm guessing JPP gets doubled a lot because of a lack of other players you have to game plan for. OTOH, a producing offense with far fewer 3 and outs can only help the D. I was thinking 6-7 wins thanks to 4 games against Dallas and Washington.

How will Sproles be used in Chip Kelly's offense? Is he worth paying attention to in fantasy?

How will Sproles be used in Chip Kelly's offense? Is he worth paying attention to in fantasy?

Late round flyer with huge potential upside. Doesn't have as much in the tank to be the backup, but with the TEMPOTEMPOTEMPO offense, he'll get looks, mostly catching passes out of the backfield.

2&2, sounds optimistic. How is the OL looking? To me, that's the big thing. Folks kept complaining how Eli had backtracked last year. It was the same with Flacco last year and Rivers the 2 years before that. Accurate and strong armed QBs who are immobile can't throw from their backs. If Eli is protected and has a running game, the Gmen will put up plenty of points this year (and everyone will talk about how great Eli is again). And I do like your RBs - but too bad about Wilson - seemed like a good kid. But I'm not as optimistic about your D. I'm guessing JPP gets doubled a lot because of a lack of other players you have to game plan for. OTOH, a producing offense with far fewer 3 and outs can only help the D. I was thinking 6-7 wins thanks to 4 games against Dallas and Washington.

The Oline can't be any worse than last year. They spent a lot of money to sign Geoff Schwartz at LG and JD Walton at Center, and then used their second-round pick on Weston Richburg who most had as the top Center in the draft but who may get PT at RG given the signing of Walton and Chris Snee's surprise retirement. Last year's 1st round pick, Justin Pugh, will start at RT. The key will likely be the health of LT Will Beatty, who is coming back from a broken leg.

Tough to tell how they've looked in preseason. It is a completely new system and 4 new starters on the line, so I wouldn't expect them to be fully gelled at this point and have gotten off to slow starts in each game. That said, the first team line did open up the holes for Jennings ~75 yard TD run against Pittsburh and, perhaps more impresively, led Andre Williams' time-consuming TD drive against Buffalo in the opener. I'm more concerned about the passing game, which has struggled, but I think that is more of everyone trying to get on the same page as Eli in a system that he is not fully comfortable with yet.

Ugh. I think my Cowboys will be painful to watch. The defense is going to be just plain terrible.

Ugh. I think my Cowboys will be painful to watch. The defense is going to be just plain terrible.

This is the issue I have with Jerruh - it's always the HC's or DC's fault. He always says he has a playoff contending team. But outside of Romo, Dez and Tyron Smith (and I'd argue Smith is overpaid), who on this active roster is an above average player? Not even great, just above average.

I haven't watched one second of preseason football this year. Let the Cowboy mediocrity continue! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I haven't watched one second of preseason football this year. Let the Cowboy mediocrity continue! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

johnny-manziel2.jpg

Well this is how we gonna' do this:
fuck the Giants,
fuck Philly,
fuck the Redskins as a staff, football team, and as a mother fucking crew.
And if you want to be down with the Redskins,
then fuck you too.
Dan Snyder, fuck you too.
All you mother fuckers,
fuck you too.
All of y'all mother fuckers,
fuck you, cry sum mo motherfucker.
Our front four make sure all y'all's plays don't go.
You motherfuckers can't be us or see us.
We mother fuckin' Big D lifers.
The best side till' we die.

Back