• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

I don't really understand why this is a great big deal. I mean, Americans are a bunch of stupid fucks staring at smartphones and tweeting and facebooking inane drivel all day, so its really kind of our own fault if some foreign group tries to sway our opinions through a small electronic gadget. Are we calling this Russian meddling a crime? Are Zuckerburg and that other twat supposed to turn down Russians for accounts? (I haven't read the articles, admittedly).

I think we need to get our heads out of our asses and be better about what we accept as truth on the internet, don't we? Wouldn't we be better off?

except that an ever increasing number of people are getting almost all their news via social sources

I don't really understand why this is a great big deal. I mean, Americans are a bunch of stupid fucks staring at smartphones and tweeting and facebooking inane drivel all day, so its really kind of our own fault if some foreign group tries to sway our opinions through a small electronic gadget. Are we calling this Russian meddling a crime? Are Zuckerburg and that other twat supposed to turn down Russians for accounts? (I haven't read the articles, admittedly).

I think we need to get our heads out of our asses and be better about what we accept as truth on the internet, don't we? Wouldn't we be better off?

I am not sure what kind of a crime it would be, but it certainly seems like an act of aggression against the US. This Fbook and Twitter stuff combined with the attempt to hack 20+ state voter registration records and the successful hack of the computer systems and communications of one of our political parties and nominees one might call it an all out cyber war.

Knives are out for Kush again.

Vanity Fair: Trump blaming Kushner for Mueller investigation

President Trump is reportedly blaming White House adviser Jared Kushner for his role in decisions that led to the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller, according to a new report by Vanity Fair.

In a call Tuesday to former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, Trump put blame on Kushner for the part he took in choices to fire former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former FBI director James Comey, Vanity Fair reported.

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump ally, also recently said Kushner wasn't giving Trump good advice — a sentiment which Trump reportedly agreed with, according to someone familiar with the conversation.

Sam Nunberg, a former campaign aide to President Trump who was fired, echoed the statement.
“Jared is the worst political adviser in the White House in modern history,” Nunberg said.

“I’m only saying publicly what everyone says behind the scenes at Fox News, in conservative media, and the Senate and Congress."

Trump has also reportedly complained about Mueller's investigation being allowed to continue.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ump-blaming-kushner-for-mueller-investigation

The social media ads Russia wanted Americans to see

buff-bernie.png

wtf

I recently got an invitation to phone bank for the Dem running for mayor in St. Pete.

Why should campaigns phone bank when they can target ads on social media in minutes for a few dollars?

I nominate this for post of the year!

I recently got an invitation to phone bank for the Dem running for mayor in St. Pete.

Why should campaigns phone bank when they can target ads on social media in minutes for a few dollars?

Because the olds vote at a higher rate and are more likely to use phones than social media is my guess.

I am not sure what kind of a crime it would be, but it certainly seems like an act of aggression against the US. This Fbook and Twitter stuff combined with the attempt to hack 20+ state voter registration records and the successful hack of the computer systems and communications of one of our political parties and nominees one might call it an all out cyber war.

Hacking, sure.

Posting memes with bullshit facts and statistics? That ain't no crime, that's free speech

They aren’t trying to find criminal acts. They’re trying to find out the scope of a problem and how to address it

Dems really ready to put someone who truly wants to make abortion illegal and hates gays in the White House? That doesn't seem smart. Pence is a weird dude with twisted social values. The scariest part is that unlike Trump, Pence 100% believes what he is saying.

Dems really ready to put someone who truly wants to make abortion illegal and hates gays in the White House? That doesn't seem smart. Pence is a weird dude with twisted social values. The scariest part is that unlike Trump, Pence 100% believes what he is saying.

Rather him than someone who actively is trying to destroy American democracy. At least there are systemic checks on an executive who plays by the rules.

And Pence can't really do anything. Any of his hyper-conservative, Bible-beating agenda would get challenged in courts and put on hold faster than Trump's Muslim ban.

Back