• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

i hope you guys are correct...I think i am coming down with Political Conspiracy Exhaustion Syndrome. There is so much information about greed, corruption and political conspiracy. I just don't how i can take another three years of this shit. i don't care what party, they are clearly both highly flawed and dirty. media is concurrently making it worse and getting some sort of truths out of a minefield of BS...the worst coming from the WH.

might find a small cabin in the middle of nowhere, no TV, no radio, and ride out the storm.

this has been the longest political year i have ever witnessed...insane!

Russian Twitter Support for Trump Began Right After He Started Campaign

In the three months after Mr. Trump announced his presidential candidacy on June 16, 2015, tweets from Russian accounts reviewed by the Journal offered far more praise for the real-estate businessman than criticism—by nearly a 10-to-1 margin. At the same time, the accounts generally were hostile to Mrs. Clinton and the early GOP front-runner, Jeb Bush, by equal or greater margins.

For the GOP debate on Dec. 15, 2015 in Las Vegas, dozens of the accounts live-tweeted using the hashtag #VegasGOPDebate. Many showed a clear preference for Mr. Trump.

“Trump is a real leader, I believe debates will help to see it,” six of the accounts wrote.

Just finished reading the Page testimony. What a total nut job. I'd say it's a guarantee he'll be charged with perjuring himself, but I'm not sure that anything is really gained from that. Use any info you get from him and move on.

Just finished reading the Page testimony. What a total nut job. I'd say it's a guarantee he'll be charged with perjuring himself, but I'm not sure that anything is really gained from that. Use any info you get from him and move on.

I would be interested in seeing video/text of him speaking prior to the investigation. Has he always been this flaky or is this something new (either to muddy the investigation or because he's under an extreme amount of stress)?

The Ukraine/GOP platform email is actually pretty damning. This could lead to evidence of a quid pro quo on the issue of US/Ukrainian policy.

"GOP platform: Page told the committee that he recalled emailing with members of the Trump campaign and other advisers about a last-minute change to the GOP platform at least year’s Republican National Convention that softened some language regarding the party’s support for Ukraine. Page had emailed other campaign advisers, including Gordon, on July 14 to say “excellent work” on the Ukraine amendment."

Last edited:
His attempts to selectively invoke the 5th amendment are particularly amusing.
The reason for Page's ambivalence here, according to the man himself, is that he thinks that without the computing power of the CIA, NSA, and FBI there is no way he could possibly turn over all of the relevant documents. And he doesn't want whatever he turns over to be inconsistent with what the "extrajudicial" FISA warrant has purportedly gleaned from his email, phone, etc.

Reminder:

Trump is going through an 'extremely unusual' process of picking US attorneys — and it has ethics experts bewildered

Democrats and former officials in the administrations of Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush administrations are up in arms over reports that President Donald Trump personally interviewed US Attorney candidates in a trio of jurisdictions that could directly affect him.

"I never heard of a president interviewing a US attorney candidate," Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who served as Bush's chief ethics lawyer, told Business Insider.

Politico reported this week that Trump interviewed candidates for the Southern and Eastern District of New York, citing sources.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-us-attorney-candidates-new-york-dc-2017-10

Back